What's new

Very unhappy with the Bestbuy Return Nazis :-(

hksrb25s14

I was enjoying bestbuy when they had tbe 60 something day for return and exchange for silver members, plus no hassle on returns, now they rechanged
The policy and reserved the right to be @$$ HOLE again I spent $ 15k with them within a year and they hit me with a 90day banned for return and exchange because I return an item 3 times in one day, it was a tablet 1st one had defects of yellow screen 2nd one had 4 dead pixels and 3rd one had screen bleeding then bang the ban, I was like how is this my fault they gave me messed up tablets 2 of which had the seal cut.
They can act like @$ $ cuz they have no competition.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

I was enjoying bestbuy when they had tbe 60 something day for return and exchange for silver members, plus no hassle on returns, now they rechanged
The policy and reserved the right to be @$$ HOLE again I spent $ 15k with them within a year and they hit me with a 90day banned for return and exchange because I return an item 3 times in one day, it was a tablet 1st one had defects of yellow screen 2nd one had 4 dead pixels and 3rd one had screen bleeding then bang the ban, I was like how is this my fault they gave me messed up tablets 2 of which had the seal cut.

This is one of the biggest problems with Bestbuy's Gestapo Return Tactics. They "say" that their policy is to prevent those who would "rent" their merchandise free of charge for the return period bringing it back for a full refund on the following day, or right after watching the big game. However, they make no differentiation between a return based upon an obvious defect an hour after you bought it and a return after 14 days, 23 hours and 59 minutes of "free" use.

One of the exchanges I made involved a laptop with an obviously warped lid and yet, they dinged me for it anyway. Not only is the policy intrusive and secretive (no one knows how many returns are permitted), it is completely unfair.

Sadly in Charlotte where I live, Bestbuy is the only game in town with a broad range of consumer electronics at decent prices. Lord we need a Fry's or a TigerDirect here.

fonzman78

This thread has me worried. Like Mitch, I am a Silver member for many years. I had enough BB points to purchase most of the SPro1 with just points. I have since saved up enough more points and to reserve the XboxOne. I've returned a few items now and then but I haven't tried returning anything in the last few months. I'm concerned whether or not I will be banned. I'm not sure if I want to try it. If I get banned, I will blow a fuse.

CrippsCorner

I hope you don't think I'm being an arse too... but with all those problems (was it with a Surface?) maybe you should open it in store and have a check of things! Saves the trip back and hopefully they wouldn't mark you down for it. Then again going by what I've read they probably still would.