What's new

Very Unhappy :(

godson594

That sucks nothing is working for you. I sold my 13" Macbook air after I got the SP2/8GB/256 model. I run Photoshop/Illustrator and Solid works. It is small but I can certainly manage no problem. iTunes is one of the main reasons I'm getting rid of all my Apple stuff, seriously the worst software I have ever had to use in my life. I hate the trackpad on my type cover unfortunately.... But I love the device over all.

good luck.

D

Deleted member 10837

The Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga I think is a close Windows ultrabook comparison to the Surface Pro. It has a 1920x1080 12.5" screen so everything will be more viewable at 100% scaling, Wacom digitizer, 0.75" thick in tablet mode, same CPU and GPU, better WiFi, keyboard, trackpad.

Last edited by a moderator:

T-Bob

My 2 cents

1. The Type cover is Stiff and if you try to flip it back the way you think you should by placing your fingers under where it is flipping to to hold the tablet (ie at the bottom of the tablet) it will disconnect when it hits your fingers. i just hold the top of the tablet and flip it back like a Star Trek Communicator so that my fingers are never between the keyboard and the bottom back of the tablet.

2. I have not had issues with Skype being blurry. I am running the Metro tile version. For internet I am running Waterfox 64bit and have no issues with fonts. I can zoom by pulling fingers apart on screen and there is a Zoom Text Only setting.

3. I did see a battery issue like yours once. I restarted and have not seen it again.

4. I am running Itunes with no issues. I did not copy my whole library over and I am using a MicroSD card to store my media.

I don't see how this tablet is getting great reviews. After everything I went through to get it, I can't stand the thing. It's on my last nerves. :mad:

Nearly all of the programs I've installed have had issues - Skype has a blurry font and looks like crap, and iTunes has the same issue, Photoshop CC is just way too tiny to use, etc... I can't even get font sizes correctly in Firefox!

Not only that but the keyboard is annoying as heck!
I've seen others flip the keyboard behind the tablet - that is supposed to be doable, right? My keyboard keeps snapping off. :mad: And a second ago, it completely stopped working, even though I'd connected it again.

I also had a battery related issue earlier... I noticed that it was stuck at 98% and then realized it didn't think my charger was connected. After restarting once or twice (I don't remember which), it said "Fully charged". I've been watching the battery closely since then.

I was really excited for this tablet and Windows 8.1 in general, but at this point... I'd rather go back to my 8.9'' Acer netbook. :mad:
I like the idea of having a tablet and a laptop, but this just doesn't seem like one to me. :(

/rant over :(

People seem to like it a lot... How have they not encountered these issues? I've seen digital artists talk about using Photoshop on it, but I don't see how...

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

You can't really blame the screen size, you knew what it was when you bought it! I'm not sure in what conditions you are using it, but have you considering extending it to an external monitor? It's what I do and it means you can work much bigger but still take everything with you, if you so wish.

bluegrass

Tough it out like most of us do and watch, listen, & learn. Your pissed and we all get that way too at our Surfaces sometimes. You'll eventually find out what works great on the Surface screen and what apps or better suited for and external monitor. There is no doubt in my mind that I will get a docking station and use it as a desktop when it's convenient but praise God for what I can do for me on away from my desk or coffee table where my dock will probably find it's home. You spent almost two grand for yours, so you have a right to hope that it will perform great for everything you want it to do but you need to adapt and when you do, you'll love it. If you don't adapt, good luck with whatever you choose to replace it with.

OP
J

Jasmine

You can't really blame the screen size, you knew what it was when you bought it! I'm not sure in what conditions you are using it, but have you considering extending it to an external monitor? It's what I do and it means you can work much bigger but still take everything with you, if you so wish.

I didn't blame the screen size - everyone else did.
I said some programs are too small and I was wondering why, as I've seen others run these same programs on their SP1 and/or SP2 with no problem. ;)

~~~

I'm starting to think mine's a lemon.

Has anyone else experienced these issues?

- My battery level doesn't always update correctly. Sometimes it doesn't realize it's charging. Like this morning, according to it, I was running on 0% battery for about an hour. I have to restart to fix the issue. (I tried downloading a firmware updating while it said I had 0% battery and it told me to plug in my charger - my device had been charging all night!)

- The fan is extremely loud. It sounds like a laptop that has a cd/dvd in the cd/dvd drive.

- The back of the tablet gets hot (really hot). I noticed this yesterday, but didn't think too much of it. I think it's actually starting to warm the Type Cover as well now. :(

- My SP2 does not recognize when there are updates. I installed the firmware update from 10/24, and after that, was told there was another update... It is set to install updates automatically.

- I kept getting an error every time I tried to open a document in photoshop. It said the graphics card failed or something.

- The W8 Skype app still doesn't update well. The skype app on my iPhone and the desktop app update better than it. A lot of the times it only shows one part of the conversation. (Like if I'm talking to a friend, it only shows their responses -- mine are nowhere to be seen until they just randomly appear.)

- Type Cover randomly stops working. Ironically, I don't think it was a problem with the cover, though, as the caps lock button was lighting up... For some reason, I just couldn't input ANYTHING -- including with the virtual keyboard.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can remember. I'll be returning it as soon as I can :(. I guess I'll go for a Macbook Air.

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

I didn't blame the screen size - everyone else did.
I said some programs are too small and I was wondering why, as I've seen others run these same programs on their SP1 and/or SP2 with no problem. ;)

~~~

I'm starting to think mine's a lemon.

Has anyone else experienced these issues?

- My battery level doesn't always update correctly. Sometimes it doesn't realize it's charging. Like this morning, according to it, I was running on 0% battery for about an hour. I have to restart to fix the issue. (I tried downloading a firmware updating while it said I had 0% battery and it told me to plug in my charger - my device had been charging all night!)

- The fan is extremely loud. It sounds like a laptop that has a cd/dvd in the cd/dvd drive.

- The back of the tablet gets hot (really hot). I noticed this yesterday, but didn't think too much of it. I think it's actually starting to warm the Type Cover as well now. :(

- My SP2 does not recognize when there are updates. I installed the firmware update from 10/24, and after that, was told there was another update... It is set to install updates automatically.

- I kept getting an error every time I tried to open a document in photoshop. It said the graphics card failed or something.

- The W8 Skype app still doesn't update well. The skype app on my iPhone and the desktop app update better than it. A lot of the times it only shows one part of the conversation. (Like if I'm talking to a friend, it only shows their responses -- mine are nowhere to be seen until they just randomly appear.)

- Type Cover randomly stops working. Ironically, I don't think it was a problem with the cover, though, as the caps lock button was lighting up... For some reason, I just couldn't input ANYTHING -- including with the virtual keyboard.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can remember. I'll be returning it as soon as I can :(. I guess I'll go for a Macbook Air.

The only two I've experienced from those mentioned are the fans... which are pretty annoying. I only really notice them when the screensaver comes on, but I can be watching TV over the other side of the room and I can still hear them!

The other is Skype, which is just awful. It's almost as it were made by the same team as iTunes...

CrippsCorner

As mentioned above, the only time I hear mine come on is when the screensaver is active! The only other time is during Windows updates... strange. Even games haven't made it come on.

OP
J

Jasmine

@Jasmine Concerns and a Warning
Sounds similar to your experience with the battery issue. May want to follow similar course of action.
Funny about the fans. In the 3 to 4 weeks I've had my sp2 128, I've not heard the fans come on once.
Maybe watchn hd movies etc isn't enough to heat it up?

Thanks!

Mine comes on randomly, to be honest. And it's usually while I'm running Firefox, Skype (both versions), and maybe Office 2013.

Oddly enough, I'm running Firefox, Skype (both versions), Photoshop CC, Office, and more, yet they're not on! I guess it just depends.

MS is supposed to be sending a replacement. I wouldn't advise ordering online, though. I had to call twice just to
a) Get someone I could understand (the accent was too thick)
and
b) Get someone who would actually assist me.

So I guess I'll just have to see...