What's new

Very, very surprised...

guymalloc

I was in one of my local BB stores today, and inquired about the Surface Pro Power Cover. The young (20's?) sales rep and I had a very excellent exchange about my usage of my Surface Pro, which accessories I already have, and how I'm using them. He was genuinely interested in whether I am satisfied with how it works and how useful the accessories have been. Most surprising was he actually discouraged me from spending $200 on a Power Cover. He convinced me that my usage patterns were not going to benefit from the power cover, and that his experience from other customers, and actual usage of a surface pro, that I probably would not like the power cover keyboard (which is NOT backlit) or the extra attention needed for the recharging cycle. I had planned on dropping $200 for a power cover, and left the store with $12 worth of batteries, and a very satisfied feeling.....

MDS

That's fantastic. Long term value of a customer is more important than a simple sale.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Microsoft is regaining or winning the loyalty of many - casual and power users, and the old and young.

I think they get it.

strollin

Are you sure the Charge Cover doesn't have backlit keys? My son has a Charge Cover for his SP1 and it's keys are backlit.

If you shop around, you can pay less for it as well. The MS Store wanted $200 but we were able to find it at Fry's Electronics for $150.

sdreamer

Power Covers are not backlit, I'm typing on one right now. The Power Cover is 150$ from Best Buy so it's pretty cheap. Right now it's 96$ on ebay for refurb from what some say is a certified Microsoft seller (those I see no indication on that seller). The Power Cover is really nice though, the typing experience on it is nice because it isn't as flimsy, and it really does give a lot more life; though all at the price of extra weight and needing to sleep the surface instead of shutting it down to charge (I just changed my hibernate time while plugged in to 4 hours, so it charges full over night before it hibernate essentially).

boldo

I was in one of my local BB stores today, and inquired about the Surface Pro Power Cover. The young (20's?) sales rep and I had a very excellent exchange about my usage of my Surface Pro, which accessories I already have, and how I'm using them. He was genuinely interested in whether I am satisfied with how it works and how useful the accessories have been. Most surprising was he actually discouraged me from spending $200 on a Power Cover. He convinced me that my usage patterns were not going to benefit from the power cover, and that his experience from other customers, and actual usage of a surface pro, that I probably would not like the power cover keyboard (which is NOT backlit) or the extra attention needed for the recharging cycle. I had planned on dropping $200 for a power cover, and left the store with $12 worth of batteries, and a very satisfied feeling.....

Is it possible to charge the surface pro2 with external batteries? i am looking the way, but i don´t know how.

wich batteries did u buy?

thankyou!

OP
guymalloc

guymalloc

Is it possible to charge the surface pro2 with external batteries? i am looking the way, but i don´t know how.

wich batteries did u buy?

thankyou!
I only bought AA's and AAA's that day, spent $12 instead of $200, but they're not batteries to charge my SP1. I have considered buying a car charger, if I could find one specifically designed for the Surface's. But, again, my usage is mostly indoors with a plug in handy.

boldo

I only bought AA's and AAA's that day, spent $12 instead of $200, but they're not batteries to charge my SP1. I have considered buying a car charger, if I could find one specifically designed for the Surface's. But, again, my usage is mostly indoors with a plug in handy.

Ah, ok!

One doubt, i suppose that using frequently the tablet with ac connected will reduce or harm the battery at the end... am i right?

regards

strollin

Are you sure the Charge Cover doesn't have backlit keys? My son has a Charge Cover for his SP1 and it's keys are backlit. ...
I apologize for posting this wrong info. I checked my son's Charge Cover and confirmed that it DOESN'T have backlit keys. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

TeknoBlast

The BB staff at my local BB suck balls. I walked in there to get the Surface Pro 3 and I stood around for a good ten minutes before they attended me....they were very busy. In the meantime, the Surface Pro demo units were terrible. They were all flickering and not working right.

I did them a favor by restarted them all, then they worked as they should. Was disappointed that they dont maintain their demos to help them sell units. I literally saw a couple walk up to the Surface area, played around with one and walked away saying "no no no," all because they were all flickering and not functioning right. That's when I restarted them all.

The sales guy that eventually attended me, was totally lost where the Surface stock was located.

I enjoy going to Best Buy, but they need to improve their staff.