What's new

Solved Video from SP3 to Xbox One?

OP
raqball

raqball

The service is AT&T U-Verse with a 3801HGV. I have it set to DMZ Plus mode with a Netgear N7000 used as the router.

Same setup as pre SP3 and Xbox and I never had an issue with Airplay or Chromecast.

I am resetting the ATT 3801 and the N7000 right now.

OP
raqball

raqball

I reset both then set the 3801 back up into DMZ Plus mode and setup the N7000. Still getting disconnects.

Reset the 3801 again and this time just left it in stock configuration mode. Disconnected the N7000 and used the 3801 WiFi and wired the Xbox One into the 3801. Still getting disconnects.

It has to be something on the SP3 or the Xbox that is not set correct. It can't be this hard can it?

I am going to reconnect the N7000 and set DMZ Plus back up. After that, I will connect the Xbox to the same WiFi (as opposed to the ethernet connection I have been using) that the SP3 is on and see if that works..

I'd rather run the Xbox on Ethernet but maybe it just does not want to operate that way..

Edit: No dice...

Edit 2: Reset everything again and this time the N7000 gave me a screen that said it was changing the IP to avoid conflicts. I have not seen this before but so far so good as I've been streaming for 10 minutes with no disconnects..

Last edited:
OP
raqball

raqball

Still no dice so I give up..

I really wanted this to work so I could watch NHL games live. The Xbox One does not have the NHL Gamecenter App (odd) so my only choice is to stream from Gamecenter in IE to the Xbox.

I suppose I could just watch the game on the SP3 but really wanted to view them on my large TV.

I will just buy a Roku or maybe one of these http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/accessories/wireless-display-adapter and call it a day

Thanks for all the help but I now waive the white flag and surrender to the streaming video gods..

Last edited:

daniielrp

Hmm I will have to test this later, not actually tested much with the SP3, but did it all the time successfully on the SP2.

FYI, my Xbox One is wired in to router, and Surface using 5Ghz WiFi.

OP
raqball

raqball

Hmm I will have to test this later, not actually tested much with the SP3, but did it all the time successfully on the SP2.

FYI, my Xbox One is wired in to router, and Surface using 5Ghz WiFi.

Thanks. The longest I've made it has been about 15 minutes.