What's new

Video not working in apps after 8.1 update

caseym

I upgraded my surface RT and now video will not work in my apps. Tried ESPN, CBS, NFL Mobile... just says video is unavailable. I've seen some threads about this on the Yoga 13 but no fixes for the Surface RT. Anyone have a fix? I've done all Windows Updates and rebooted several times.

Thanks.
caseym

oion

I upgraded my surface RT and now video will not work in my apps. Tried ESPN, CBS, NFL Mobile... just says video is unavailable. I've seen some threads about this on the Yoga 13 but no fixes for the Surface RT. Anyone have a fix? I've done all Windows Updates and rebooted several times.

Thanks.
caseym

So the apps themselves may not be compatible with 8.1 yet--do their websites work in IE11?

OP
C

caseym

So the apps themselves may not be compatible with 8.1 yet--do their websites work in IE11?

Maybe... just tried ESPN and I'm able to watch video from their site in IE11. I saw that some people posted on other forums that they had the same problem on the Yoga 13 and updating the audio driver is what fixed it. I can't believe that I'm the only one having this issue on the Surface RT.

revmike

I don't have an RT, but try going into IE internet options and using software rendering instead of GPU and see if that helps. This tip came from sillyrabbit123 who was experiencing issues with HBOGO on his surface pro.

OP
C

caseym

I don't have an RT, but try going into IE internet options and using software rendering instead of GPU and see if that helps. This tip came from sillyrabbit123 who was experiencing issues with HBOGO on his surface pro.

Tried that...still doesn't work. I also tried installing the CBS app on my Windows 8.1 desktop PC and it doesn't work on there either. So I guess it's a problem with these apps. That stinks...