What's new

Video watching screen glitch

Adster94

Hey,

I bought my Surface a couple of days ago, sadly had to buy second hand as near impossible to get a brand new one nowadays! Everything works great, except for watching videos (whether through Netflix app, Netflix on Edge or even MS Films and TV), after a little while (varies from seconds to minutes) the screen will shift and discolour, with the colour going different shades of green and blue. The screen becomes off center, with the right of the screen appearing on the left and the left indented towards the centre - check pictures.

Not sure what to do, as I have reset my Surface multiple times, the latest one with full clean etc, no luck - this method at least bought me 20 minutes of uninterrupted watching. Anyone else encountered this? Not sure if there is anything I can do except get it replaced? Although warranty is out of date. I have made sure I have the latest drivers etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

(Sorry for picture quality, the screenshot hotkeys didn't pick up the issue - which confused me even more!)

Attachments

• Discolouration.jpg
    Discolouration.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 526
  • ScreenShift.jpg
    ScreenShift.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 498

revmike

Sounds like a mechanical defect, if resetting didn't fix it, but I'm only guessing here or return where purchased.

Turbo4AWD

Videos used to do this to mine for a while until I made sure I had all of my Windows Updates installed. Ended up finding an Intel Graphics driver update in Windows Update which ended up resolving the issue and I no longer got green videos that shifted around. See if there are any updates left and if there are, see if there's an intel driver update.

Could be the reason you got it second hand! I use the K=Lite Codec Pack and have never had a problem with any video. All my videos are associated to this (opens with MPC-HC x64) and each video opens in full screen.

You can get the codec pack via ninite.