What's new

Videos

Mrzocor

Doesn't play videos in the Edge browser. Plays videos in Chrome, but there is no sound. Don't get any sound, or videos in Edge! sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. Have to re start for it to work. Reminds me of the old win 95 days when you had to do that all the time. Tried everything everyone told me to do, and nothing works. Even tried uninstalling, and re installing the realtek drivers, and it still didn't work. Isn't high tech great?

OP
M

Mrzocor

Have you reinstalled windows? Nobody else seems to be having this issue.
No one else? You obviously haven't been keeping up with the problems of this device. Why you have to reinstall an entire operating system for to get videos to work.?

revmike

I've experienced no problems with mine, plays every thing I've watched on it. Whether it's my own videos or Netflix, YouTube, etc. Maybe it's because I don't use either Edge or Chrome, but IE.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
No one else? You obviously haven't been keeping up with the problems of this device. Why you have to reinstall an entire operating system for to get videos to work.?

I'm aware of your problems, but haven't seen any other threads here raising this issue or needing to restart to play a video. And why not? Many devices require a re-install/refresh at times to fix issues, be it a surface, or an ipad. Regardless if you agree with it as a solution, if it works, it still works.

Turbo4AWD

Granted he was running Windows 8.1 in the review, at 4:35 he's got a multimonitor setup and is playing a game while watching a video on his Surface 3. Video is playing back without stuttering and Portal is running well....

Mine does the job intended, and that is to be a tablet at home (wifi connected) and an mp3 player in my vehicle. If I have to go online whilst away from home, I use my phone.

I play videos both at home (internet connected) and away from home (not connected) and I use Firefox exclusively. I play my video through Media Player Classic (MPC) and the only trouble I have is flash related but this has never affected any stand-alone video, whether it be from the HDD or portable external HDD.