What's new

Virus software

Hi

I usually use AVG free and be vigilant online

what does everyone else use

I just upgraded to pro 6 and wondering which to use if theres any better than AVG

from what ive read bitdefender looks good and only £20 a year which is cheap
cheers Sean

Last edited:

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Visit Windows Update daily. Windows Defender has virus detection updates daily - sometimes multiple times daily.

Fast-T

Used to run Malwsrebytes as primary and defender occasional scans but when I recently reset my rig I skipped Malwarebytes and run defender only. Seems to do the job well.
Malwarebytes had a high rate of detection of questionable behavior of websites. Not sure if these flags were real.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
After two years of also using Malwarebytes Premium (I still have it running), not one threat has been detected. This is a testimony to how vigilant and accurate Windows Defender is.

Turbo4AWD

Just last year I cleared infections from a computer using Malwarebytes Antimalware and Windows Defender was acting hilariously throughout the scan. As soon as Malwarebytes Identified and cleared an infection, Windows Defender would pop up a notification right after saying "Infection found!". It was too funny. I do have to say that Defender has gotten better lately, but Malwarebytes is still my "go to" for making sure a machine is clean from infections. I don't need it for real time scanning though.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Ha! I remember when Vista identified the Windows 8 installer as a virus, halfway through the installation .:)