What's new

Voice controlled keyboard shortcuts

Gary.M

I thought I would share my latest workflow when using Zbrush, Photoshop and other art type applications.
Until recently I have made a lot of use of RadialMenu found here: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/threads/radialmenu-toolbar-0-4-5-318.64232/ and have found it indispensable for keyboard shortcuts and modifier keys while I draw or sculpt. Last week I bought Elite Dangerous for my gaming pc and ran across a great piece of software called Voice Attack found here: http://voiceattack.com/ which lets you assign spoken commands to keyboard shortcuts so, while hurtling across the galaxy you simply bark orders into your mic and the ship complies, such as 'go to light speed, full speed ahead, target, lower landing gear' etc. so I don't have to remember an endless list of keyboard commands. It works great and was rather cheap at just over £5 (for the record, I am not affiliated in any way with the software's author) and it is really quite easy to set up. As the author recommends, I first trained my SP3 to understand my speech - it makes Voice Attack a lot more accurate.

I got to thinking how good it would be to use Voice Attack to control software functions on my SP3 and set about creating a profile for Zbrush. So now I have my modifier keys set with RadialMenu and all other commands are voice controlled, such as 'divide geometry, lower res, higher res, quick save, main brushes, my brushes, materials, undo, redo, perspective, floor, show polyframe etc'. I can now use just the pen in my right hand, modifier keys under my left hand and use my voice to control everything else I need to do, all without needing a keyboard attached or paired. Its great and I now plan to create profiles for all of my art applications.

I hope some people find this useful.

Haldi

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Awesome!
i knew this tool well from Star Citizen. But i never tought about using it for Windows Programms.
Probably because in a Office you can't yell around ^^
But for home office this might be pretty neat.

OP
G

Gary.M

Hahahahahahahahahahaha
Awesome!
i knew this tool well from Star Citizen. But i never tought about using it for Windows Programms.
Probably because in a Office you can't yell around ^^
But for home office this might be pretty neat.
No, strictly in the comfort of your home. Don't want to look like a weirdo talking to your tablet o_O