What's new

Volume Down Button Muting device

TriniGuy

Whenever I press the Volume Down Button on my SP3, it takes the volume straight down to 0 (i.e. the device becomes muted). For example, if the volume is currently at 55 and I press the volume down button once (for like half of a second), instead of the volume going down to 54 and stopping, it keeps sliding all the way down to 0. I don't think this was the behaviour of that button at first, but I think it began happening after some usage (and perhaps after installing quite a few updates). Is this normal? Does this happen to everyone? Is there a way to change this?

Nicola

I had somehow the same, but it was affecting the volUp button. A restart fixed it.
And i've read about one other guy from the forum having a problem with volDown.

OP
T

TriniGuy

Thanks. I just tried restarting again, but sadly that didn't fix it for me. There aren't any more updates to install, so I am at my wits end as to what to do next.

mcsenerd

I had this exact issue and I am typing to you now on a replacement device. Now I'm wondering if there's not some firmware bug going on here...

nipponham

...if the volume is currently at 55 and I press the volume down button once (for like half of a second), instead of the volume going down to 54...
Not to nitpick, but the hard volume button can only increase/decrease in units of two. You have to use the soft controller to adjust in units of one.

mcsenerd

Can you give the device the two-finger salute and see if it still does this? In other words, fully power the device off by holding the volume up and power/sleep button for several seconds.

OP
T

TriniGuy

Can you give the device the two-finger salute and see if it still does this? In other words, fully power the device off by holding the volume up and power/sleep button for several seconds.
Thanks! That solved the issue! A single press now decrements the volume by 2 as before. I'm ecstatic! :-D

Sven

Just had this bug hit me was about to return my unit and the 2 finger salute did the trick ! Wow. Ok then ...