What's new

Wacom vs Pro's Pen Input

xterrapro

Anyone know how pro will stack up against typical wacom tablet? I thought pro was using wacom digitizer but apparently not.

ArnoldC

Against Cintiq?

The Surface Pro is too small for production work. Seriously, the 20" Panasonic "tablet" will make more sense for animation, graphics, CAD.

Codevine

You probably can use the Surface like a WACOM tablet, just use a external 24" Monitor (or whatever) and draw on the Surface. Of course, there are better alternatives out there.

OP
X

xterrapro

Can you provide the actual link to the thread... I searched a bit but was unable to find. I was asking if the Pro will have the same or better functionality as something like the Intuos 5 in terms of functionality (Pressure sensitivity etc..). The pen abilities on my Samsung Atif500 were less than that of the Intuos 5. I also read that the Pro will not have an actual Wacom digitizer...

The Surface Pro is at least according to Wacom Representatives at CES it is....there is entire thread about it over at http://forum.tabletpcteview.com in the Microsoft forum.

OP
X

xterrapro

Thanks for link and for turning me onto a site I have not visited for a long time. Looks like we won't know if its wacom until we get more hands on detailed reviews.

ArnoldC

It has to be pressure sensitive for art, photography work. Hope it is.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

Codevine

It definitely is pressure sensitive. They've said that a couple of times and also Panos Panay also said that on his twitter account.