What's new

Waiting for my third surface...

Ozozuz

Yeah, my experience so far has been short and terrible.
I preorder the first surface and after 48H i realized how yellow the screen was, really, browsing around yellow pages is very annoying .
http://imgur.com/d6rde0g
After around 10 days i recived my second surface, i was a little worried before opening it, and i was right.
This time HALF of the screen has a very strong yellow tint and the screen bleeding is awful.
JUST LOOK ! :CCCC
http://imgur.com/Bm5PQ4k
I preordered the surface before the release and use it for not more than a few hours :C

#Sad

dniezby

That's too bad. At least they're exchanging it. That last one looks like someone over did the brightness.

Might also be a good test case for - don't buy something like this without trying it out LIVE.

Bought mine at a Microsoft Retail, had them set it up (as they offered) and everything has been running GREAT!

Don't have ANY of the problems others report.

I can ONLY assume you don't live near a retail store.

Good luck. I hope everything turns out well on the next one.

wynand32

I'll tell you, yellowish screens are the bane of every tablet (and some smartphones) I've purchased. I went through four iPad 3s before getting one without a yellow tint (what I'd call "dingy"), numerous ASUS Transformer 201s, Nexus 7's, Nexus 10's, Toshiba Excites, etc. (yes, I've gone through a few tablets). And, I sent back a replacement that I received for this SP3, for the yellow hazy line, which had a very distinct yellow tint.

I think it's something about IPS screens that just have really wide variability in terms of color temp (if that's what it is, and I'm not 100% convinced it is). Even AMOLED screens can have it, though--I had a headphone jack issue with my Lumia 925, and the replacement I received had much more natural whites. Although the Lumias are nice because they have a utility for adjusting color temp that works pretty well...

Personally, I hate that yellowish tint. It really detracts from the enjoyment of the device, especially if you go back and forth between devices like I do. The screen on my Dell Venue 8 Pro is pretty decent, but I've seen ones in stores that aren't nearly as good. Really, it's a hot mess in my opinion, which most people don't notice because they don't ever compare their devices next to others.

OP
O

Ozozuz

CUT
I can ONLY assume you don't live near a retail store.

Good luck. I hope everything turns out well on the next one.

We do not have Microsoft store here in Italy :C, so every time i have to cross my finghers and buy it online.
One more reason to move out from this country.

Philo

The second one is not normal, but the first one is normal. Some IPS have warm or cool display, it's quite hard to get a mid or perfect display. I have the warm, similar to yours, I have calibrated mine via Windows display calibrator and it's a lot better, no more yellow display. If your next SP3 has a warm yellow-ish display hit me up and I'll upload the calibrated file I have.

OP
O

Ozozuz

The second one is not normal, but the first one is normal. Some IPS have warm or cool display, it's quite hard to get a mid or perfect display. I have the warm, similar to yours, I have calibrated mine via Windows display calibrator and it's a lot better, no more yellow display. If your next SP3 has a warm yellow-ish display hit me up and I'll upload the calibrated file I have.
I'll remember that, thank you !

mitchellvii

All IPS panels experience some light bleed and the more flexible the screen, the worse it gets but dude, that is the WORST light bleed I have ever seen. I feel for you.

Sometimes you just have bad luck.

OP
O

Ozozuz

All IPS panels experience some light bleed and the more flexible the screen, the worse it gets but dude, that is the WORST light bleed I have ever seen. I feel for you.

Sometimes you just have bad luck.

Yeah, i just home that the next one will be ok :C