Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member

Andycam

Shame that I bought I bought it with a blue inside colour, as I'd originally ordered the blue type cover - but then changed to purple type cover when I cancelled and re-ordered.... never mind.

Thanks for the url, but they dont deliver to Norway.. :(
"Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address."

I can buy yours! ;) I do have the light blue (cyan) type keyboard.

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the url, but they dont deliver to Norway.. :(
"Sorry, this item can't be sent to your selected address."

I can buy yours! ;) I do have the light blue (cyan) type keyboard.
It's an option.. though mine was going to be dark blue so got the dark blue cover.

az1787

So, I received my Surface Pro 3 i3. What about updates? Have I install them all together or 5\10 for time?

lemongalaxy

When I heard about the £100 PC World cashback offer two weeks ago, I cancelled the Surface Pro 3 from my Microsoft Store order, retaining the Touch Keyboard, as PC World didn't have it in stock. Big mistake.

PC World still haven't shipped the Surface Pro 3 order. They "think" it may go out today but can't be sure?!?! This is despite the fact that they phoned me earlier in the week, telling me to expect delivery on the 28th. Also their site now says that they don't have stock of the i7 256GB.

But at least I can rely on Microsoft to ship the Keyboard, yes? Of course not. The status on the keyboard today changed to "Back Ordered" despite the fact that I ordered it 3 months ago. I just phoned them and they have no explanation - just an awkward silence for ages as they checked the order. I had to cancel the order and place a new one because apparently it would take them at least two working days to investigate the status of the original order.

This is the last time I pre-order anything. I thought pre-ordering was supposed to guarantee immediate availability?

Liam2349

When I heard about the £100 PC World cashback offer two weeks ago, I cancelled the Surface Pro 3 from my Microsoft Store order, retaining the Touch Keyboard, as PC World didn't have it in stock. Big mistake.

PC World still haven't shipped the Surface Pro 3 order. They "think" it may go out today but can't be sure?!?! This is despite the fact that they phoned me earlier in the week, telling me to expect delivery on the 28th. Also their site now says that they don't have stock of the i7 256GB.

But at least I can rely on Microsoft to ship the Keyboard, yes? Of course not. The status on the keyboard today changed to "Back Ordered" despite the fact that I ordered it 3 months ago. I just phoned them and they have no explanation - just an awkward silence for ages as they checked the order. I had to cancel the order and place a new one because apparently it would take them at least two working days to investigate the status of the original order.

This is the last time I pre-order anything. I thought pre-ordering was supposed to guarantee immediate availability?

That's really bad, I ordered mine within this month and got it by release :/

lemongalaxy

Bad news for anyone waiting for their pre-ordered i7 256GB from PC World...

Despite various misinformation (lies), including a promise on Friday that the stock was sitting in the warehouse waiting for despatch, PC World have finally admitted to me that they do not have stock and never did. They are expecting a delay of two weeks.

They offered to cancel the order and offered 10% off my next order. Instead, I told them to knock 10% off the order value now and I would wait for two weeks. So after the cashback, that will be £1105 for the i7 256GB. Hope that is of use to anyone in the same situation.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm not surprised to be honest. When i went into pc world for one of the "surface tour" events, only one employee actually had a clue what i was talking about (and this was a london megastore, this was dozens of employees without any clue)