What's new

Waiting in Line for Pro 128....?

xterrapro

Anyone else waiting in line for the Pro? Here at MS store, waiting to pick up 2 128's. One line for folks who have reservation receipt and another for everyone else (nice).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 9.12.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 9.12.50 AM.png
    232.7 KB · Views: 787
OP
X

xterrapro

Getting a bit longer... with 128's sold out this looks to be the best way to get one.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 9.31.36 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 9.31.36 AM.png
    86 KB · Views: 819

Yeff

Looks like a good turn out at the MS Stores. That's good.

I went to the store in Christiana Mall in Delaware. The store opened at 10:00am with two lines. I waited in line for over two hours just to get inside to get my 128. Got it!

OP
X

xterrapro

The line got longer... had to stop by Louis V to pick up a V-Tines gift and an hour later MS line was still 30+ people. When I stopped back in the store at 11 -they had sold out of 128's. Let's hope MS actually produced/shipped lots of 128's and this is a real show of demand.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 3.24.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 3.24.05 PM.png
    224.5 KB · Views: 638
  • Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 3.23.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 3.23.49 PM.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 647

socos

Stood in line at the San Diego Microsoft Store for about 2 hours. They eventually sold out of the 128GB models (@xterrapro, if you got those from the San Diego store, gee thanks for rubbing it in). A bunch of people cleared out at that point. We stuck around to see what the manager would say. He apologized and said there was some sort of 'logistical' issue which can pretty much translate to anything (someone counted wrong, someone misjudged how many they'd need, xterrapro bought the rest, etc). Good thing we stuck around because he handed out $25 gift cards (and we got two since he gave one to my wife). So all in all, disappointed, but at least we basically got paid $25/hour to stand in a line. I picked up a type cover anyway. Ended up placing a pre-order for the next shipment. The manager assured us that he would not be selling 128GB Surfaces to the general public until the pre-orders were filled.

Yeff

SOCOS, did you get any swag? I scored a little Microsoft-branded notebook and pen that I stuck in my glovebox, an Office 365 t-shirt that has "Amaze" in orange letters on the front, and a bottle of water. I could've also had a Microsoft-branded Frisbee but I didn't want one.

socos

If you wanna count the two $25 gift cards as swag and coming home Surface-less, then yes! :)

SOCOS, did you get any swag? I scored a little Microsoft-branded notebook and pen that I stuck in my glovebox, an Office 365 t-shirt that has "Amaze" in orange letters on the front, and a bottle of water. I could've also had a Microsoft-branded Frisbee but I didn't want one.