What's new

wake up from screen timeout with tap on screen

surfmaxx

Hi - can you wakeup your Device from Screen timeout (no standby or screensaver) - only with tap on blank Touchscreen?
On my Lenovo this is possible - for better testing it would be cool if you can post your Output from following cmd admin command.

powercfg -devicequery wake_from_any

Thank you for your Support and help
Greetings
Maxx

Last edited:
OP
S

surfmaxx

Hello - it would be very helpful if at least someone could run this command - on my m3 it's not possible to wake up, from blank lockscreen (only Display off), with fingertap. Maybe the i5 Models and higher are able to do that. I need this feature because. I use the surface as panelpc on the wall as"smartHome visu"

Tx
Maxx

OP
S

surfmaxx

Hi again - i think i have to explain - the command i posted above is not a bad one, it only shows the installed devices, which are allowed to "Wake up" the System from "screen off". It would be very interesting for me, if the core-i5 or core-i7 models has more devices in the list. I'm looking especially for the entry "HID-conform Touchscreen" - This device allows you to tap on blank Screen for wakeup
->on my Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga i have it - on my m3 surface4 not.
How about your i5 or i7 surface4?

Here the Output of my m3

Virtueller Microsoft-Adapter für direktes WiFi
Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter
Realtek High Definition Audio(SST)
Intel(R) Smart Sound Technologie-OED
Intel(R) Display-Audio (001)

Thank you for your Support
Markus

Yillbs

Hi again - i think i have to explain - the command i posted above is not a bad one, it only shows the installed devices, which are allowed to "Wake up" the System from "screen off". It would be very interesting for me, if the core-i5 or core-i7 models has more devices in the list. I'm looking especially for the entry "HID-conform Touchscreen" - This device allows you to tap on blank Screen for wakeup
->on my Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga i have it - on my m3 surface4 not.
How about your i5 or i7 surface4?

Here the Output of my m3

Virtueller Microsoft-Adapter für direktes WiFi
Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter
Realtek High Definition Audio(SST)
Intel(R) Smart Sound Technologie-OED
Intel(R) Display-Audio (001)

Thank you for your Support
Markus

Interesting theory, but the i5 / i7 models have no other devices listed. Being able to wake by touching the screen would be a nightmare for a device like this. you have to keep in mind that a yoga == laptop that flips over. It has a keyboard covering the screen, when it's closed. Our device, does not. Sure, maybe you purchased the accessory, but if you didn't, this would be nightmare. I understand that they should give you the option, but they were so hell bent on getting a thunderbolt port added, lots of things got left broken / un finished :)

OP
S

surfmaxx

Ok - from this perspektive I'm with you - it was my hope that the surface 4 notice the difference between human touch and other touch - or give me the Option to Setup this.

Thank you for testing - you tested it with a surface pro3?