What's new

Wanted: Method to Quickly Turn OFF Screen (Without Inducing Sleep)

ynohtna

Ya I use hyper-v and lost connected standby and sleep. Don't really care though, my power manager now allows me to turn off the screen after like 1 min idle if I wanted to. This is how I like it though, screen off with things humming along as usual.

OP
ChrisPanzer

ChrisPanzer

Well, just an update on this. I forgot that I had hyper-v enabled on my system as I was playing around with a VM of Windows 10 before. I disabled that feature and the connected standby started working as it did before.

So now my SP3 "turns off" and on like my phone when I press the power button or when I close the lid. It comes back up immediately like I want it to, without it going into a boot cycle from hibernate.

I left it in standby last night with 81% battery and checked on it in the morning (6 hours) and it had 79% battery left. It came up almost immediately as well, without the boot cycle.
So, your SP3 goes to sleep correctly now, sounds like.

I just don't like how if you fart on your SP3 it wakes up... It's hyper-senstive, anything you do, even a light brush on the mousepad wakes it. To me, it should ONLY wake if the power button depressed, without exception!