What's new

Was just writing an email and...

CrippsCorner

My surface turned itself off
crazy.png

Didn't know to what stage at first, but hit the power button and it came back to life, battery sitting at 30%... anyone else had this? Seemed completely and utterly random. Hopefully it was a one off!

mitchellvii

My surface turned itself off
crazy.png

Didn't know to what stage at first, but hit the power button and it came back to life, battery sitting at 30%... anyone else had this? Seemed completely and utterly random. Hopefully it was a one off!

What was your email about? The latest update included a desperation trigger to prevent users from sending embarrassing emails :)

Sent from Boards for Windows on Windows 8

tonyz3

Maybe your power settings are set got that. Funny but every time I see your avatar I see my great aunt..:disappointed:

EuroKnuter

The only thought that comes to mind (other than the obvious 'is this device defective?' thought) is that updates will force a shutdown/restart after a period of time. I don't suppose you remember noticing a message to this effect? I seem to recall you're a new owner, therefore a couple of updates may be queued up for you. Just a thought. It's not 'normal' behavior' to just shut down randomly.

OP
CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner

I wish I had hair like that (well maybe not quite like that) but it's still better than balding!

Anyway, yeah I'm new to my Surface but I did already download about 12 updates the day I turned it on. Didn't notice anymore pending...

tonyz3

Lol... sometimes the updates pop up well after the initial one s. Asks try to go to desk top to do the updates...controls panel to see if any there.