What's new

WE Can Help the App Store Develop...

badham21

we just need to spread the word that this tablet is actually worth the money and better than the iPad (in my opinion it is, im not an apple hater or anything). But surely and increase in sales of this, app developers see a bigger market to enter, and even with current apps that are out, the prices are having to be inflated to compensate for the little demand for them.

This may be an incredibly obvious point, but just taking it into college on a regular basis, my surface had almost celebrity status for the first week I took it in as everyone, having seen me on it, noticed the cool-ness of it and I know a few people that are actually buying them now, which is good news as far as i'm concerned.

And with Christmas round the corner, there will be many more surfaces sold so the app store will inevitably get better come early 2013

archapacman

Lol, I've been doing that since release. Replying to all the bias comments and reviews online. I even made my own demo review (check out my youtube channel). It has took up a lot of time though fighting off iSheeps and what not, so I stopped.

In my honest opinion, I am not worried at all where this device is going. Windows 8 was a bold but visionary innovation. You have a device that not only benefits from its own sales and developers, but other developers for windows phone 8, laptops, desktops, etc. So with all the Surface and Microsoft bashing, whenever you see one good review of ANY windows product, a shiny gem in a flock of cow dung, you can be sure, the entire ecosystem of windows tablets, phone, and PCs benefit - and can rub off those ineffective cow dungs.

archapacman

Yes. And your apps sync from one to the other too. Some apps are only PC so far, but they will be transferred to ARM soon (with the exception of desktop apps). I don't know about the Windows Phone 8 apps, I have yet to own the phone. However, I am positive it will be transferred to the phone too because of Windows 8 kernel.

OP
B

badham21

yeah I own a windows phone 7 and unsurprisingly the app store on that is totally different and none of their apps are available on the surface (the store is called marketplace, not store)

archapacman

For example, Sketchbook Express was released for Windows 8 Preview edition months ago. After a month after the surface was released, it is finally on the ARM version.

I have no fear for Microsoft's vision, and throw a bone at me if they fail. Sometimes, it's good they get bad medias, they really work harder to make their products then any other companies.

R0bR

yeah I own a windows phone 7 and unsurprisingly the app store on that is totally different and none of their apps are available on the surface (the store is called marketplace, not store)

Actually I've come across a few Apps that were on Windows Phone 7 and have been developed or ported to Windows 8. The Twitter client Gleek is one which is not a port but has been laid out for tablet but a game called Evic is a direct port. I'm sure there are others but considering that Windows 8 supports native code basically any IOS or Android App could be easily ported, the issue is they would have to be redesigned for the Metro layout. The Store has the potential to be the fastest growing Apps Store just due to the native code aspects.