What's new

Webcam light flashing on and off during skype call

Sihaz

Hi all,

New to my surface. Only had it a few weeks. Bought it a few days before the new processor came out so was a bit pissed off about that for a while, but have realised the 4200 is the fastest machine I own so it feels just fine to me 

Have noticed a few times when making a Skype call that the light on the webcam goes off every now and then and picture is interrupted. Has anyone else seen this happen?

Cheers,

Si

Ruffles

I haven't seen that behavior. Sorry. Does it happen in other apps? Does it happen with both front and rear cameras?

jollywombat

I have not experienced this. There are a few family members I have to stay in contact with that use skype versus gtalk unfortunately. Are you using metro skype app or desktop?

DragonGamer

I've had that happen, but most likely because one of us had bad connection...
When the data cannot be delivered the cam is temporarily shut down till the stream is re-established, I think.

OP
S

Sihaz

Thanks for the replies guys. I was using metro Skype with the front camera, which is why I could see the light going on and off. Connection was fine as far as other party's video and audio went. Just my video went down when then light flashed. I had previously been playing a game of radiant defense which is quite a power hog so it could have been interfering in the background... i'll try a few more calls and see what happens when I've clean booted the machine.