What's new

website problems

I'm having a small problem with some websites. Internal links, buttons that link to other pages in the website, do not work. Not on all websites, just some that I visit frequently. I don't think it's a flash problem and I'm aware of the flash "white list" modification and have added the problem sites to the list, but the problem persists. Anybody having a similar problem? Anybody have a fix?

ArnoldC

Does not work on both versions of the browser (Modern and Desktop).

I am looking at this piece of the code...

Code:
<DIV STYLE="position:absolute; visibility:hidden; left:0px; top:0px; width:0px; height:0px; overflow:hidden;">
[<a href='./index.htm' title="">./index.htm</a>]<br>
[<a href='./history.htm' title="">./history.htm</a>]<br>
[<a href='./faq.htm' title="">./faq.htm</a>]<br>
[<a href='./calendar.htm' title="">./calendar.htm</a>]<br>
[<a href='./contact.htm' title="">./contact.htm</a>]<br>
[<a href='./photo-albums.htm' title="">./photo-albums.htm</a>]<br>
[<a href='mailto:[email protected]' title="">mailto:[email protected]</a>]<br>
[<a href='./update-history.htm' title="">./update-history.htm</a>]<br>
[<a href='./turners-landing.htm' title="">./turners-landing.htm</a>]<br>
[<a href='./cruise-dance.htm' title="">./cruise-dance.htm</a>]<br>
[<a href='./xmas-in-july.htm' title="">./xmas-in-july.htm</a>]<br>
[<a href='./poker-run.htm' title="">./poker-run.htm</a>]<br>
[<a href='./flotilla.htm' title="">./flotilla.htm</a>]<br>
[<a href='http://www.lmsoft.com/'>Web Creator</a>]
[<a href='http://www.lmsoft.com/'>LMSOFT</a>]
</DIV>

leeshor

News flash. Several of the links at the top don't work on a regular desktop either. The code is pretty much vanilla HTML so there may be a site problem. Or I didn't look the code closely enough.

OP
Rick Sutliffe

Rick Sutliffe

I tried the website on a number of desktop systems without a problem. It seems like a surface or Win8 RT problem to me. Just hoping for a workaround. I have had similar problems on some other sites but this is a site I designed and administer, so I'm concerned. In the 4+ years it's been up, no one has complained about bad links, so I'm thinking the code is ok. Thanks for your interest, any suggestions are appreciated.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The site works on the Desktop version of IE 10 in compatibility mode....did you code it to IE 6?

leeshor

The first time I went there the first 3 icons didn't even highlight on hover. This time they did. Go figure.

OP
Rick Sutliffe

Rick Sutliffe

The site seems fine with IE9 and IE8 under Win7 Pro on every desktop I've tried. It also works fine on my wife's ipad. I would gladly recode to comply with IE10 under Win8 RT if I could figure out what the actiual problem is. Thanks again.

leeshor

The site seems fine with IE9 and IE8 under Win7 Pro on every desktop I've tried. It also works fine on my wife's ipad. I would gladly recode to comply with IE10 under Win8 RT if I could figure out what the actiual problem is. Thanks again.

If you want some tips you can follow these this link that will display standards errors, (not that IE has ever met standards;))

[Invalid] Markup Validation of http://www.launchclub.com/ - W3C Markup Validator

It also appears you don;t have an active style sheet.