What's new

websurfing on a Surface 2 - will it be much slower than a SP2?

reach

Hi there,
I'm really frustrated: I just HATE surfing on any type of iOS or Android device, because ... you know, it just doesn't work. No flash, rubbish mobile sites, etc...
Hence I've got myself a Surface Pro 2, the most frustrating computer experience I've had in my whole life, so I want to get rid of it.
Thinking about a solution to my dilemma I came across a totally weird solution: buy (another!!!) MS device: a second hand Surface 2.
IE on the SP2 works rather well, very fast and it shows me the web-pages as they're supposed to be seen.
So, the Surface 2 should do the same, shouldn't it? Will it be significatly slower? Am I overseing any drawbacks?

Thx,
reach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I do 90% of my Web Surfing on my Surface 2, it works really well but there are a few sites that cause it to bog down such as the Huffington Post.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It is usually some article a peer is linking to in Social Media or Social Aggregator, but on the SP2 IE struggles as well but with 8GB of RAM it handles the Flash Cr@p Ads better...

But your link is the root, click on some articles and you'll see, they love rollover Ads, Video Ads, etc...