What's new

Wedge mouse and keyboard issues since 8.1 update?

GritsNCornbread

I bought the Wedge Touch Mouse and Keyboard when I got my Surface Pro 128. Both items worked flawlessly until the update for Win 8.1 preview was released. Since then, both the mouse and keyboard are recognized as connected in the Bluetooth section, but the keyboard takes a looooooong time to start working. Then both the mouse and keyboard work fine until it goes to sleep. Then I have no mouse. I have to delete it and pair it again before it will work.
I wiped everything and started over from scratch, and everything worked just fine again. I reinstalled 8.1 preview, all good. Then I had to do the update before installing 8.1 and the problem came back again. I thought that maybe it would iron itself out once I installed 8.1 Pro, but no good. Something in the update for 8.1 preview that carried over to the full version changed something in the Bluetooth on my Surface.
I desperately need to get this resolved, as I hook my Surface up to a large screen and use the Wedge keyboard and mouse nearly 100% of the time. Thank you to anyone that can point me toward a solution.

oion

Did you try going to 8.1 proper without the 8.1 Preview in between? The preview version is really not a necessary step in the upgrade process.

OP
G

GritsNCornbread

I had not. I wiped and reinstalled the day before 8.1 Pro was released. I wanted to verify that it was definitely something in the update to the preview. Now that the full version is out, I am not against wiping and reinstalling again without installing the preview. However, if this were a known and solvable issue, I would like to just make the change without having to go through the whole process again.

monoomni

I am having the same issue since the upgrade to 8.1 on my surface pro. I did not not install the preview prior to upgrading to 8.1. The wedge keyboard seems to be better at reconnecting after sleep, but sometimes it will repeat a key over and over. After removing the mouse and re-pairing, the mouse works fine until the computer is put to sleep. Upon awake, the keyboard sometimes works, but usually the mouse does not. In the cases when the mouse does begin to work, it is very laggy for a minute or so and then begins to work normally. I have turned off "Allow the computer to put this device to sleep" option in the Bluetooth power management properties and that somewhat seems to help (the mouse seems to connect more reliably, but the keyboard does the repeat key thing). I have also deleted the Bluetooth device and rebooted a few times, but the problem remains. Also, there may be something going on with the order in which I first use the devices. If I use the mouse first, it connects, but the keyboard does the repeat key thing. If I use the keyboard first, it connects fine, but the mouse does not.

wvevie

I don't have a bluetooth keyboard but I do have the bluetooth Wedge Mouse. I am having the same problem with the mouse. It will work eventually, but it's a couple of minutes after wake-up.

zatoitchi

My wedge mouse and keyboard will not keep a connection after updating to 8.1 pro as well. I have reinstalled numerous times.

I have been using my mac wireless keyboard and mouse as temp fix with limited functionality. They at least hold the connection... lol.

I am trying to get some work done and I was charged a premium for your products! Any solutions? Thanks

Thank you

rgerould

I have the same problem with both the Wedge Keyboard and the Wedge Mouse since updating to 8.1. I spent an hour on the phone with Microsoft support and we tried all the usual stuff--reloading the drivers, etc. But nothing has solved the problem. I should say that I also have a Logitech Bluetooth keyboard and mouse that do not have this problem. It appears to be something to do with the Wedge devices.

Last edited:

Bobip2000

Hi

(New to this forum 1st post).

I too have the same problem. After sleep my Wedge Touch Mouse shows up as connected in the Bluetooth Settings but it doesnm't work. Work flawlessly under Win 8.0.

Also when in the Bluetooth settings, after reinstallation of the Mouse it behaves really erratically in the Bluetoot device setup page on the Surface.

Not good.

Kro

Hi Everyone, I've had the same Problem and got it resolved by installing the latest Marvell Driver (besides Wifi there is also an update für Bluetooth which solves the Problem). Find all Infos on the thread "New Surface Pro Marvell Avastar 350N Wi-Fi drivers 14.69.24044.150 " above. The Bluetooth Driver is included!
My wedge mouse and Keyboard are working fine again.

mattbratt

Hi Everyone, I've had the same Problem and got it resolved by installing the latest Marvell Driver (besides Wifi there is also an update für Bluetooth which solves the Problem). Find all Infos on the thread "New Surface Pro Marvell Avastar 350N Wi-Fi drivers 14.69.24044.150 " above. The Bluetooth Driver is included!
My wedge mouse and Keyboard are working fine again.

Kro,

Do you apply these new drivers to a Surface Pro (Original) or a Surface Pro 2?

Kro

Hi,

I have applied the Driver update it to my Surface Pro (128 GB) (Original) and it works perfect and solved all the above mentioned problems that started after update from Win 8 to Win 8.1 (final release - I had no preview installed).
In the thread "New Surface Pro Marvell Avastar 350N Wi-Fi drivers 14.69.24044.150" is explained, how you do it and it is also mentioned, that it works for Surface Pro (Original). This was the Basis for my decision to do it.

Bobip2000

Hi

That sounde promising! As I discovered that I have the Wifi issues as well!

Will check to see if it works!

Cheers