What's new

Wedge mouse and keyboard issues since 8.1 update?

Kro

There is one small bluetooth issue remaining after applying the latest bluetooth driver 14.69.24044.150:

Problem: Sometimes if you have not used your mouse for a while, your wedge mouse curser doesn't move any more. It looks like the mouse curser is frozen or has disappeared completely.

Workaround/Solution: on your wedge keyboard (which is still active) press the WINDOWS BUTTEN (2 times and you are back to the screen you started) --> like magic the mouse is working again. I think the mouse has gone into a kind of sleep state and this action wakes it up.

Maybe you can also try to change energy saving settings (I have not played around with that yet) ...

pierre118

There is one small bluetooth issue remaining after applying the latest bluetooth driver 14.69.24044.150:

Problem: Sometimes if you have not used your mouse for a while, your wedge mouse curser doesn't move any more. It looks like the mouse curser is frozen or has disappeared completely.

Workaround/Solution: on your wedge keyboard (which is still active) press the WINDOWS BUTTEN (2 times and you are back to the screen you started) --> like magic the mouse is working again. I think the mouse has gone into a kind of sleep state and this action wakes it up.

Maybe you can also try to change energy saving settings (I have not played around with that yet) ...

Did you disable 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' at the properties of Device Manager/Bluetooth/Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter? If not, disable it, and no BT mouse sleep anymore.

Kro

Did you disable 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' at the properties of Device Manager/Bluetooth/Marvell AVASTAR Bluetooth Radio Adapter? If not, disable it, and no BT mouse sleep anymore.

Thank you for the hint - it was NOT disabled! The remaining question is, if the bloetooth device now draws a significant energy from the battery even if it is not used. Also an interesting effect is, that the mouse sometimes disappeared (only when in was used in combination with the wedge keyboard) whereas the keyboard always worked fine. Anyhow - thank you! - I have disabled the power save mode and will report about the effects :)

Kro

Thank you for the hint - it was NOT disabled! The remaining question is, if the bloetooth device now draws a significant energy from the battery even if it is not used. Also an interesting effect is, that the mouse sometimes disappeared (only when in was used in combination with the wedge keyboard) whereas the keyboard always worked fine. Anyhow - thank you! - I have disabled the power save mode and will report about the effects :)
Update: Disabling the power save option mode did not have an effect on the issue at all. The small problem remains. My assumption is that it is a remaining driver issue and I am looking forward to the next AVASTAR driver release.