What's new

Wedge mouse

Ruffles

How do you guys like the wedge mouse? I picked one up but I'm think I might return it. I'm just not thrilled with it and for $70, I expected to be. First, the scrolling on it is not smooth at all. It works, but is now were near as precise as a wheel. Second, the hard plastic strips that it slides on don't go all the way to the back of the mouse. There is about a 1/4" gap. In order for my fingers to fit where they should for the left and right click, my thumb and fourth finger hold the sides pretty far back and if I put any weight on it at all, it tips like a teeter-totter.

magicrobots

I'm with you on the scrolling issue; I want it to be much smoother as well. I'd also like a middle button for Blender3D. However, I really do like it despite those issues; I think the size and form factor is awesome.

I have a cyborg R.A.T. 9 mouse for my desktop which I LOVE ... if it were Bluetooth I'd have two of those in a second.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I own the Wedge Keyboard and Mouse, I like both but honestly hardly ever use them as I use my Touch Cover and actually prefer it to the external setup....

HD_Dude

I have the 128GB Surface Pro, and I use the Type Cover with the Wedge Mouse. I like the mouse - but I find that the horizontal scrolling only works 'sometimes.'

On some screens, I swipe left to right and the page moves accordingly...like it's supposed to. Later, on the same page, the page just sits there when I swipe horizontally...and will only move left to right if I swipe up or down on the Wedge.

Hmmm.

Also, I find a 'click' on the Wedge requires a firmer push than other mice, like the Logitech Anywhere MX. That one just requires a tiny finger tap..whereas the Wedge requires a full-on 'press.'

No big deal...but still...make you have to 'think' while you use the Wedge, unlike most mice, which kind of disappear into the experience.

Last edited:

tonyz3

Have you adjusted the sensitivity with the mouse and keyboard center app. I have the surface wedge mouse and wedge keyboard, which I use when using the surface as desktop and they work great after adjusting the sensitivity.

souldier

I used a Microsoft surface sculpt mouse and found the scrolling to be choppy as well. They really need to improve the smoothness of the scrolling to that it would be at par with the apple magic mouse

compnovo

I got a wedge mouse for about forty bucks and really like everything about it except, as others have mentioned, the scrolling. It never occured to me to try adjusting it, I'll play with it this evening.

nuprotocol

I had Office Depot price match Target.com's price for the Wedge Mouse. Do that, or return and buy from Amazon. Scrolling works very well in Office docs, but okay in everything else. Otherwise, I really love the size.

kristalsoldier

Have you adjusted the sensitivity with the mouse and keyboard center app. I have the surface wedge mouse and wedge keyboard, which I use when using the surface as desktop and they work great after adjusting the sensitivity.

Which app is this? I just got the Wedge mouse too (but not the keyboard) and I quite like it but would also like to adjust the sensitivity a bit.

I think you use a Surface Pro, which is why you get the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center app. Unfortunately, I don't think it is available for the RT. I hope I am wrong though.

Last edited:

HD_Dude

By the way, have you seen the Microsoft Wedge Mouse - Surface Edition?

All black - like the Surface, w/o the chrome sides.

Picked one up in Chicago. Sexy.