What's new

Wedge mouse

kristalsoldier

By the way, have you seen the Microsoft Wedge Mouse - Surface Edition?

All black - like the Surface, w/o the chrome sides.

Picked one up in Chicago. Sexy.

Yeah...saw that, but I am was not going to pay extra just for the colour! But I am loving the mouse though - just perfect for the Surface!

OP
Ruffles

Ruffles

By the way, have you seen the Microsoft Wedge Mouse - Surface Edition?

All black - like the Surface, w/o the chrome sides.

Picked one up in Chicago. Sexy.

That was the one I had - which is why it was more expensive. Looked nice and worked OK...but for the price I expected more.

plasm0

just my opinion-

my wife actually got me the Wedge mouse (surface edition) for my birthday. Tried it out, and unfortunately it just seemed too small (and i have small hands)...
plus the swiping was not smooth, as others mentioned (even after adjusting it with Mouse and Keyboard Center App). I'm just so used to the 'tactile' feel of the scrolling wheel.
As much as i was impressed that she got me this as a gift (she saw me eyeing it), i hate to say it, but i returned it because it was just too expensive for a $70 mouse that
didn't have much more than a cheap bluetooth mouse couldn't already do.

kristalsoldier

just my opinion-

my wife actually got me the Wedge mouse (surface edition) for my birthday. Tried it out, and unfortunately it just seemed too small (and i have small hands)...
plus the swiping was not smooth, as others mentioned (even after adjusting it with Mouse and Keyboard Center App). I'm just so used to the 'tactile' feel of the scrolling wheel.
As much as i was impressed that she got me this as a gift (she saw me eyeing it), i hate to say it, but i returned it because it was just too expensive for a $70 mouse that
didn't have much more than a cheap bluetooth mouse couldn't already do.

Where to find this app? I checked on the Store from my RT and the store from my desktop machine. Neither of the stores have this app - unless I am searching for it incorrectly. Please do tell. Thanks.

kristalsoldier

Quick question about the Wedge...

I find that sometimes - only sometimes - the right click on the mouse either does not work or lags. I notice this specifically in the Mail app (where I right click on one of my accounts to expose the Sync button) and in the Metro IE10 browser where I right click at the edge of the screen to either create a new tab or to close an old tab.

Does this happen to any of you users of the Wedge mouse? If not, what do you think could be the problem? In all cases, the surface on which I am using the mouse is a desk, which is clean and nice! Could it be the battery? I am just using the one that came in the box - so not sure how much charge it has.

Thanks

Maloney

Same here, sometimes the right-click is a left-click... after some more clicks this habit disappears and it works as it should.

I guess this has more to do with the mechanic inside, as my battery is fully charged. So i try to click more on the right side to click than near to the left....

Just got mine today. It's a nice little mouse. However, I got so used to the smooth scrolling of my Logitech TouchPadT650 on my desktop that I find the response for scrolling rather jerky. Still better than the touchpad on the type cover though. Overall, I am very satisfied with it. Wish it was a little flatter actually.
Did anybody figure out how to reverse the scroll direction?
I have all my touch devices scroll in the physical direction of things to move....
I can't find any settings for that anywhere. Possibly something that can be added in the registry?

Trovahead

I took the plunge and got a Surface Edition mouse. I am very surprised how quickly it has become an essential part of my Surface experience. It sure makes scrolling through large folders much easier. Perhaps it was silly to spend the extra $$ for the Surface edition, but it looks so nice next to the device. Its really lame of Microsoft to charge extra for a mouse that matches the device, but hey, I fell for it hook, line and sinker.

borka105

If anyone is interested in getting the wedge mouse (not surface edition), Amazon is selling it at a discounted price $33. I just ordered one myself... I think it should be a pretty good deal at that price...