What's new

Solved Weird battery drain

Liam2349

Similar problem here. Had it in my bag charging overnight, found it in the morning with the fan whirring :-(. disabled keyboard-wake.

Then it dropped 30% while in my bag for 5 hours. Then I used it for an hour, leaving it at 50%. Just opened it up again several hours later and at 30%. Completely pathetic. My SP2 never did this.

It was charging inside a bag? You should charge it in a ventilated area.

malberttoo

Similar problem here. Had it in my bag charging overnight, found it in the morning with the fan whirring :-(. disabled keyboard-wake.

Then it dropped 30% while in my bag for 5 hours. Then I used it for an hour, leaving it at 50%. Just opened it up again several hours later and at 30%. Completely pathetic. My SP2 never did this.

This is one of the reasons I had to start shutting down my SP3 every time I left the house. If I just left it sleeping/CS, then without fail, as I walked out the door with it, the keyboard would flop open just enough to wake the thing up, unbeknownst to me, and then all manner of unpredictable things would happen. One of which was of course unexpected battery drain.

malberttoo

Maybe a big rubber band would help. (just kidding)

Kept forgetting to show you... had these for about a month now, work great. Also makes the SP3 nice and grippy when it's on a flat surface. Thanks for the inspiration!

BigA__Band (Medium).jpg

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00GFEW6ES