What's new

Weird, erratic behaviour with Photoshop and Illustrator

tbone1987

Hi,

My SP2 sometimes (quite often, actually) behaves strangely when I use Adobe's Creative Suite software, such as Photoshop and Illustrator.

For example, all my layers on PS will suddenly be selected at once and I can't "click off" them, forcing me to exit everything and restart my Surface.

On Illustrator suddenly all the objects on my artboard will be selected and, again, I can't "click off" or deselect them without restarting.

This is very annoying because I do quite heavy graphic design work everyday and I can't keep restarting the machine 5 or so times per day!

Is this a known issue? My SP2 is 128gb and 4gb RAM. Is there perhaps not enough RAM?

How can I fix this?

Thank you

toaf

docked? using pen? what types of input devices are you using? Corel works perfect for me, but when i docked with my power keyboard i got phantom clicks, in time i noticed a finger touch circle, then i figured out what was going on. the heat was warming the a key, then it thought it was a finger

OP
T

tbone1987

Connected with my Type Cover 2, always.

And I use the Surface edition Arc Mouse.

Not sure if heat causes these weird Adobe 'selection' issues...

JeffBusse

Yes this is a consistent issue, it's not heat related but rather that the surface doesn't release the shift key associated with the mouse. If you would try using shift and click or ctrl click it will clear itself until later when you use a combination click again. I don't know a fix but have been dealing with it for as long as I have had my sp2. cs6 production suite.