What's new

Well, Arnold, I now have an answer to your question . . .

Russ

Arnold --

Earlier this week, you asked me (approx), "So, when are you getting your Pro, Bro?"

I now have a reasonably definitive answer: Sometime around March 1st.

Today was hand-over day for Ladyfriend's Pro (and that darlin' little Wedge Mouse). We spent several hours with it, making an assortment of tweaks for her liking, installed a Chinese Language Pack for the Office apps (already had installed the Chinese language for the Win8 system. Transferred her Address Books and other stuff from her laptop. She was, in a word, "Delighted!"

In one of the strangest installations I have ever done, I "installed" MS Office 2007 (it already had Office 2013 on it) just to get one program from it -- the Microsoft Picture Manager. Everything else in the install was checked "Not available." That certainly ranks among the silliest installations I have ever done, and, fortunately, I had an unused Product Key for Office 2007 (seems a waste, huh?). However, the Lady really likes that program, and I was not able to find a satisfactory substitute. There is an olde song called, "What Lola wants, Lola gets." Well, her name ain't "Lola," but it does start with an "L" and consumes just four letters, so that's close enough.

Anyhow, I thought I had dodged the proverbial bullet, until she was packing up her stuff to go home. Apropos of nothing whatsoever, she said, "This model very popular." I acknowledged that it was, and told her that the 128's were sold out. She said, "Not anymore. Available now from Microsoft store online for March 1st delivery." I think I said, "Oh." I say that a lot when she is around. Then, still packing her stuff, and not looking at me, she said,

"I order one for you."

I had several things to say after that, all of which she listened to politely, then said,

"Too late. I already order."

And resumed packing her stuff.

Well, Arnold, you asked, "So, when are you getting your Pro, Bro?"

You have your answer, "Sometime around March 1st."

:)

Take care,

Russ

Last edited by a moderator:

ArnoldC

That's great to hear :) I actually thought you will have withdrawal symptoms after she takes it from you :)

This is better, right? Let's hear the new excitement on March :)
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

machistmo

That's great to hear :) I actually thought you will have withdrawal symptoms after she takes it from you :)

This is better, right? Let's hear the new excitement on March :)
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express
OMG Arnold, why do you even talk to this NEANDERTHAL?

OP
Russ

Russ

Arnold --

Well, yeah, after my long-winded attempt to distract you from your original question, I think we both sorta knew this day was coming. What was funny was that she and I spent the whole day together and she never mentioned a word about it -- until she was packing to leave. That is her clever way of limiting my time to object.

Sometimes, I teasingly call her "Wu Zetian." If you knew her, and had some understanding of Chinese history -- you would understand why.

So, sometime around March 1st, I will have another Surface Pro to set up. At least I've already had the experience. :)

Take care,
Russ

marcux

Russ, machistmo is a troll, don't waste your time, he's trying to get you going. Machistmo, facebook is that way --->
They are expecting your drama.. ;)