What's new

Well, this is enought, no more Surfaces for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

r0b123

I'm so sorry for the OP. I hope you get your refund.
My screen has 4 visible bleedings in the start screens. I noticed that the first day of use. I can see those bleedings only for 15 seconds about 2 times a week (when I restart my system). I can't notice them in any other situation . To me that's fine, as I really don't feel this to be any problem at all.....

I see this too only on boot-up or restarting my system. As long as I don't see this in any other scenarios, I would consider this to be normal.

By the way if you can see it by watching a movie or using the surface in low light and continue to do not consider it as a problem, I do not know what to say.
We have very different standards.

I will try this when watching a movie and in low light situations. As noted by most, it seems to be only on startup. We could be wrong and can only confirm if this happens.

Nuspieds

I bought my SP3 128Gb at Italian "dayone", that if I am not mistaken it was towards the end of August and from that day I changed exactly 5 surface for many problems like overheating, yellow tint, bleeding, fan problems etc.
Well, whatever the issues, as long as you were not satisfied with the device, then that's all that matters. In life, sometimes a device just doesn't work out for you, no matter how much you try to like it and keep it. So, at one point, it is best if you throw in the towel and get something else.

Perhaps with 5 exchanges you waited too long to the point of possibly no longer being eligible for a refund but, as others suggested, there's no harm in trying. If that fails, then sell it and move on to another device that you will be comfortable with; no sense continuing to be a miserable and unhappy Surface Pro owner.

kozak79

Some light bleed is acceptable, but the OP's light bleed is excessive. I had this same issue with my iPad and replaced it until I didn't have any. My first SP3 had moderate light bleed, my replacement was worse. My 3rd SP3 has minimal light bleed and I can live with it.

Light bleed should not be acceptable as it is an indication of poor quality control and manufacturing. Why are you driving and packaging? I did Advanced Exchange both times and had my new SP3 withing 2 days, and Microsoft provided a shipping label for the return. They put a hold on your CC for $1000, but I don't see that as a problem.

View attachment 4868
I'm going to show you my screen. See above.

Is that bleeding?

That's bleeding... unless you have like 2 potlights or flashlights shining on your screen. Not a huge deal if you never watch movies or use dark backgrounds or game, but if that were my screen, id have taken it back day one. Just goes to show how users have different perceptions regarding QA- luckily for MS, I think the majority of SP3 buyers fall more into the casual usage / ipad crowd that wouldn't pick up on issues such as this - as if you're really serious about being productive on the go, your best option is a legit laptop without any compromises.

ctitanic

That's bleeding... unless you have like 2 potlights or flashlights shining on your screen. Not a huge deal if you never watch movies or use dark backgrounds or game, but if that were my screen, id have taken it back day one. Just goes to show how users have different perceptions regarding QA- luckily for MS, I think the majority of SP3 buyers fall more into the casual usage / ipad crowd that wouldn't pick up on issues such as this - as if you're really serious about being productive on the go, your best option is a legit laptop without any compromises.
You see, that's the point. To me it's not a big deal. My screen looks perfect to me. The boot screen scenario is something that I only find when restarting. Even watching the darkest movie the bleeding never has bothered me.

You see, that's the point. To me it's not a big deal. My screen looks perfect to me. The boot screen scenario is something that I only find when restarting. Even watching the darkest movie the bleeding never has bothered me.

I could see people's financial situations playing a role in standards regarding QA as well - if you're fairly well off, and can afford to purchase a top of the line i7 SP3 with pocket change, you probably wouldn't care as much if there are minor issues - while if you're someone that has to scrape together the funds and save up for a long time to get that lower tier i5, only to notice issues like this, you're probably more likely to find them unacceptable. Either way, you'll never please everyone. If the SP4 keeps the same form factor, I expect a lot of these QA issues will have worked themselves out.

grumpy

If the SP4 keeps the same form factor, I expect a lot of these QA issues will have worked themselves out.
Don't count on it. I had more problems with the SP2 than the SP1. My SP1 is still going strong, but I still don't have a fully functional SP2 (after over a year). I did decide to stop pursuing a satisfactory replacement after a string of really horrible refurbs. If figure that I may try my luck again at refurbished roulette closer to when my warranty expires.

Regarding MS's idea of refurbished - I recently recieved a flyer from Future Shop, and they had a sale on refurbished SP1s. From the reviews, it is clear that MS does not refurbish to "like new" condition as they claim.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/revi...spx?path=f436eb307157ba6bcccd7928c6ac887cen21

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't count on it. I had more problems with the SP2 than the SP1. My SP1 is still going strong, but I still don't have a fully functional SP2 (after over a year). I did decide to stop pursuing a satisfactory replacement after a string of really horrible refurbs. If figure that I may try my luck again at refurbished roulette closer to when my warranty expires.

Regarding MS's idea of refurbished - I recently recieved a flyer from Future Shop, and they had a sale on refurbished SP1s. From the reviews, it is clear that MS does not refurbish to "like new" condition as they claim.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/revi...spx?path=f436eb307157ba6bcccd7928c6ac887cen21
Where does it say MS refurbished these?

Status
Not open for further replies.