What's new

Went ahead and pulled the trigger.

So, I went to Best Buy today and bought my Surface. I got the 64 gb version. I expected, expect, a learning curve. The touch cover is going to take a little getting used to, but no more than any other new keyboard, I think. How do I turn off the click?

Russ

Brother Charlie --

Congratulations! I think you are gonna really enjoy it.

re: "How do I turn off the click? " -- Bring up the "Charms Bar" (right side of screen); go to Settings, then select "Change PC Settings." Choose "General," and that menu will allow you to turn off the click sound.

Take care,
Russ

robertsurface

Congrats!

The Touch Cover does take time to get used to but it is just flat out fun using it with the Surface. I didn't have it when I bought the Surface initially but as I read more about it, I knew I needed to try it at least. It easily flat out blows away just using the tablet's built in keyboard.

OP
B

brocharlieb

I was always going to get a cover, I thought it would have to be the Type Cover, but since the 64 gb version comes with the Touch Cover that's the one I got. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

gpstrucker

I just bought mine yesterday. Also a 64GB. I have found the touch cover very easy to use. I don't mind the audible feedback from typing but I can see how it might bug some people.

mrasmussen

I have the 32 gb version with the touch cover, I immediately got used to it, I can actually type pretty fast, way faster than the on screen keyboard.

Series7man

I ordered my wife an iPad Mini today.......yes she is one of those Applebots. Now that I was so nice to her I can go ahead and get myself a Surface to go along with my Lumia 920 that bought myself two weeks ago. Oh Baby!! Good time are right around the corner!

bosamar

I ordered my wife an iPad Mini today.......yes she is one of those Applebots. Now that I was so nice to her I can go ahead and get myself a Surface to go along with my Lumia 920 that bought myself two weeks ago. Oh Baby!! Good time are right around the corner!
You certainly came out on top of that exchange! lol

compnovo

I'll be watching for your sig to change. :big smile: