What's new

What am I doing wrong with pen flicking?

mitchellvii

Coming from a Note 10.1 and Note 2, I am accustomed to a very easy and satisfying experience using my pen to navigate around web pages. On my SP I have found this all but impossible and very frustrating. I have tried changing flick sensitivities at various levels and just can't get a consistent experience.

Sometimes when I flick with my pen to scroll on a web page it will scroll, albeit too far. Other times it will just select the text on the page. Perhaps I am doing this wrong? On my Note devices I simply place my S-Pen down on any blank spot on a page and I have complete control.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just horribly implemented?

Raction

Coming from a Note 10.1 and Note 2, I am accustomed to a very easy and satisfying experience using my pen to navigate around web pages. On my SP I have found this all but impossible and very frustrating. I have tried changing flick sensitivities at various levels and just can't get a consistent experience.

Sometimes when I flick with my pen to scroll on a web page it will scroll, albeit too far. Other times it will just select the text on the page. Perhaps I am doing this wrong? On my Note devices I simply place my S-Pen down on any blank spot on a page and I have complete control.

Am I doing something wrong or is this just horribly implemented?

Unfortunately, it is the latter. I too own a Note 10.1 and a pro, and the pen, as far as navigation goes is poorly implemented. I set my flick sensitivity to lax, but still, like you I simply want to use the pen as I use my finger to scroll in any application, just like the Note.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Unfortunately, it is the latter. I too own a Note 10.1 and a pro, and the pen, as far as navigation goes is poorly implemented. I set my flick sensitivity to lax, but still, like you I simply want to use the pen as I use my finger to scroll in any application, just like the Note.

Yes it seems pen navigation on the Surface Pro is pretty much useless. Sad that Samsung can manage to do with a lame mobile processor and 2 gigs of ram what Microsoft can't seem to do with a full blow i5 PC. I like being able to use the pen to navigate because it cuts down on screen funk.

Once again, I am sure MS focus tested this and found that no one actually uses their pen to navigate, along with no one using the Start Button :) Hopefully they will fix both in Blue.