What's new

What Browser Do You Use?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
IE 11 Modern UI :) Opera used to have their Mobile Browser with an x86 binary it was Touch Friendly, not sure if that is still available as they abandoned their old engine for Google's.

Arizona Willie

For many things now I, reluctantly, use IE10.

Firefox and Chrome do NOT play well with Window 8.
Really disappointed in Firefox, I was a fan for many years.
It's like they just gave up.

OP
U

ultra99

I touch or desktop?
I spend most of the time in desktop, so don't want to be switching all the time.

jeffskent

I carry my SP in a Logitech case about the size of a kid's lunchbox. It holds the SP, power cord, stylus, 3 in 1 usb cable, usb mouse, and a usb pig tail dock usb port extender, Jambox, and an external microphone. Since I always have a mouse with me, I continue to use Chrome as my browser. Firefox when I want to download youtube videos, and IE only because it is pre installed on the Pro. The setup allows me to use the Pro almost exactly as I do at home with an Apple Bluetooth keyboard, a 27 " monitor, and a Logitech speaker bar.

Just for my interest: I don't see the advantage of using touch controls most of the time, particularly if I have a cheap, lightweight mouse easily available. Touch controls are too inaccurate to be useful except for large screen shifts like page scrolling. A mouse allows letter by letter selection, almost pixel by pixel selection in pictures, and is enabled for 100 % of Windows programs already. Touch enabled requires a separate version, as far as I can tell. I mostly use touch Kindle and touch Evernote, both of which work fine unless I am trying to edit letter by letter or hit a particular close gadget or minimize button. Touch has a long way to go before it is even half as useful as mouse control, in my opinion.

Russ

Touch has a long way to go before it is even half as useful as mouse control, in my opinion.

JeffSkent --

Yeah, except I would have said "a long, long way to go . . .." (maybe another "long") Touch is fine for reading (Kindle) and browsing, but not for actual working -- at least not for me. I always keep a mouse handy. I use the MS Wedge mouse. It is small & bluetooth. If I'm carrying the Pro with just the TouchCover (almost naked), I usually just put the Wedge mouse in my pocket.

Regards,
Russ

machistmo

IE 11 Modern UI :) Opera used to have their Mobile Browser with an x86 binary it was Touch Friendly, not sure if that is still available as they abandoned their old engine for Google's.

Except that IE 11 both in Modern and Desktop does not ully suppo this site <--- That was me not typing the same letters over over and over to get this site to posttem

T
P
T

Just nvm wow more annoying than it is worth to post ...

Last edited: