What's new

What did I do to piss off Bill Gates?

BrianM

I wrote a previous post on how Microsoft cancelled my 512Gb SP2 order. "Well, this sucks

I reordered another 512Gb SP2 on October 26.

This morning, Microsoft cancelled my order AGAIN.

No e-mail, no notice and no reason. There are no expletives that adequately express my feelings.

I called MS support and they don't know why. They sent it to the "escalation group" and I'm supposed to hear something in "24 to 72 hours."

Who do I have to kill to get an SP2??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
:mad:

demandarin

wow. I hope they straighten it out sooner than later for you. Do you think your account or card may be flagged and the reason for it being cancelled? there were several others who had similar issue. your best bet might just to go to MS store or bestbuy and get one. itll eliminate the b.s. you going through.

D

Deleted member 10837

There is a Microsoft Store convenient to me opening this week so I'm hoping to buy the 256GB model there and won't have to dealing with phone, email, or shipping if I have any problem.

Microsoft Store

D1vad

The 512 GB models don't seem to be available, just yet. :( you can not place an order for one at the store. As far as I can tell no one has a 512 GB model just yet...

mitchellvii

Maybe Bill Gates is trying to subtly tell you that you are paying a wildly overpriced premium for a 512 GB Surface Pro? Go out and price a 512 GB SSD on Amazon and you will see it can be had for $340. MS is charging what, $900 over the 64gb model? That means they are charging as much for an SSD as they are charging for their entire SP2 64! Their cost in that SSD is probably $200 (or less).

MS pricing is obscene and an insult. It would be one thing if their QC was exemplary, but from numerous reports of kickstand defects in the SP2 this apparently is not the case.

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

The 512 GB models don't seem to be available, just yet. :( you can not place an order for one at the store. As far as I can tell no one has a 512 GB model just yet...

There are several people with a 512Gb Surface Pro 2 on this forum... saying that, they're completely out of stock in the UK, you can't even make an order.

SEANT

Given that the 512 SP2 sold better than Microsoft's initial prediction, I have to assume no price drop pending. I'd like one but don't think it will be in the budget until the SP4 release.

drolem

Maybe Bill Gates is trying to subtly tell you that you are paying a wildly overpriced premium for a 512 GB Surface Pro? Go out and price a 512 GB SSD on Amazon and you will see it can be had for $340. MS is charging what, $900 over the 64gb model? That means they are charging as much for an SSD as they are charging for their entire SP2 64! Their cost in that SSD is probably $200 (or less).
Try pricing a 512 GB Samsung mSATA SSD, and not just a generic 512 GB SSD.

CrippsCorner

Given that the 512 SP2 sold better than Microsoft's initial prediction, I have to assume no price drop pending. I'd like one but don't think it will be in the budget until the SP4 release.

Do you have a source for this? I think many people are under the impression that they simply didn't make as many 512Gb versions...

SEANT

Well, to be honest, the comment was somewhat flippant. I have no information beyond what is commonly available.

Though, what caused all those people to have that impression? Was there a shortage of hardware? Or, did Microsoft think the 512GBs would have a limited appeal? Or . . . .

mitchellvii

I'm sorry but $1800 USD for a freaking SP2 just makes me laugh - and it doesn't even include a keyboard. You have REALLY got to love this device to drop that kind of change on it.