What's new

What did I do to piss off Bill Gates?

macmee

I'm sorry but $1800 USD for a freaking SP2 just makes me laugh - and it doesn't even include a keyboard. You have REALLY got to love this device to drop that kind of change on it.

I spent 1300 on my Surface, so what? I'm a University student, have decent scholarships, live at home and I worked this Summer and used that to pay for my Surface. Love the damn thing, worth every penny.

drolem

I'm sorry but $1800 USD for a freaking SP2 just makes me laugh - and it doesn't even include a keyboard. You have REALLY got to love this device to drop that kind of change on it.
Or you have to have lots of money. Some people buy a Ford, others may buy a Lexus or BMW, and some people will buy a Bugatti Veyron. What's the difference between them? They all go from point A to point B. :D

OK, so that might be a slightly (?!) unfair comparison. ;)
Let's compare 3 Ford trucks, the F150, F250, and F350 -- either one of them can be had with the 5.4L V8 at one time, yet there were differences between the prices. Why was that? For one thing, the payload and towing capacity was different between them.

If you don't like the price -- by all means, don't buy it. Others will be more than happy to take that 512GB unit.

bluegrass

There is a Microsoft Store convenient to me opening this week so I'm hoping to buy the 256GB model there and won't have to dealing with phone, email, or shipping if I have any problem.

Microsoft Store

I have purchased a Surface RT, Surface Pro, Surface2 Pro, & a Nokia 920 from a local Microsoft store in the past year. I have nothing but kudo for the store. Even if I could get a discount (save tax at least) by purchasing online, I would buy from a brick & mortor Microsoft Store. When I have a question or a problem, I just go to the store and they get a tech on it right away or show me how to do something. Congrats on on excellent service in you retail stores Microsoft. Incidentally, I purchase the additional warranty plans with these purchases. I'm getting too old to have to worry about how I'm going to get service or what do I do if I have an accident and drop one of these puppies.

OP
B

BrianM

Well, I have my SP2 512Gb :big smile: no thanks to Microsoft Customer Service. I was in Washington D.C. and stopped by a MS physical store to see if they had a different customer service number. The store manager was very helpful. Turns out they had a 512 they had ordered for a business that then backed out!! I walked out a very happy man! She also took the information about the problems I had and was going to escalate it. We'll see. I've yet to have MS call me anytime them promised to.

I also wrote a letter to the MS VP of Devices and Studios. I don't expect any response, but it made me feel better.