What's new

What do you love about your Surface Pro?

Nuspieds

I love the fact that it is a full-blown PC, period.

It is not just a Tablet with at Tablet OS; it is a Tablet PC running a Windows OS, allowing me to have all the computing capabilities I had on my laptop.

ScottyS

I agree with all of the above. Microsoft hit a home run (but not "out of the park") with the combination of Win8 + Surface Pro.
I expect the next version of SP could hit it out of the park with a little hardware upgrade.

My home computer is a Dell Studio notebook (a monster with Intel Core i7, 6GB RAM, 1TB HD and a Blu-ray burner), but I look forward to getting a 27" monitor to run 2560 x 1440, the right hub to connect it to large HDs for back up, file storage and DVD, and a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse so it will replace my home computer but un-plug and go anywhere with me.

At work in a hospital I walk around connected to our hospital network, run all our hospital apps (electronic medical records, radiology viewing, etc.) and by remote desktop I can connect to my office computers and my home computer via Sky Drive.

My killer app is OneNote. I started using it with Win7 and love the fact everything is auto saved and on Sky Drive so which ever computer I open it on (including my iPhone) whatever I've added is there. On the Surface Pro the handwriting recognition works great for me, plus I can add hand written notes and diagrams and the pen is pressure sensitive.

For me this combination form factor (it's a touch screen tablet, and ultra-book and a regular Windows computer) is the future.

mitchellvii

OneNote is THE reason I own a Surface Pro. If not for the ability to ink and search on inked text in OneNote I would be perfectly happy with a standard laptop. I honestly don't even ink that much in OneNote but it's knowing that I can when I need to that gives me comfort.

TagsxA

OneNote is THE reason I own a Surface Pro. If not for the ability to ink and search on inked text in OneNote I would be perfectly happy with a standard laptop. I honestly don't even ink that much in OneNote but it's knowing that I can when I need to that gives me comfort.

I've never used one note, prior to owning the SP. I've played with it, but really need to force myself to spend more time with it. I'd really like to replace my notepad with it, for work meetings, but I just don't feel comfortable with it yet. I need to watch some youtube vids on maximizing use out of one note. The thing that frustrates me about it is that it seems like it will do absolutely everything and yet I know so little about it!
:big smile:

mitchellvii

I've never used one note, prior to owning the SP. I've played with it, but really need to force myself to spend more time with it. I'd really like to replace my notepad with it, for work meetings, but I just don't feel comfortable with it yet. I need to watch some youtube vids on maximizing use out of one note. The thing that frustrates me about it is that it seems like it will do absolutely everything and yet I know so little about it!

The best part is it's blazing fast search ability on written and typed text. It will even search on text inside images you embed. Crazy. The 2nd best part is the ability to tag the hell out of everything for later reference. Also, inline audio and video clips. 3rd best part is that you can drag notes around on the page. Now if it could just make my handwriting not suck I'd be in heaven :)

MunchkinG

I Love love love my Surface Pro

What are the features, capabilities, etc. that you love most about your Surface Pro? Share your experience so far!
I am a silver surfer who had an iPad for a couple of years, but increasingly found that I could not achieve what I wanted to do. My son mentioned the Surface Pro and I got mine just before Christmas together with a Touch2 keyboard. I am a typist so loved the extra keyboard externally rather than only then onscreen one.

This is a PC in my lap that can come with me anywhere and with SkyDrive so do all my files. I can read my eBooks, play games, do my budget and from today, scan easily too. The camera and video is great for catching my kittens at play. Well done Microsoft, great software and hardware too now. Bye Apple, guess who is selling her iPad.

I am passing the news to anyone who is interested.

jimkraz

I too am a pensioner, or silver surfer, I have both a Surface RT and Pro with type keyboard, I have given my desktop to my granddaughter, it's there in her room at our home if I need, but I rarely do, I have a USB3 hub, I can connect whatever external equipment I need to, I have a 23" monitor if I need it, again I rarely use it, the screen is so sharp my old eyes can see it no problem, I had Windows 8 on my desktop, so was used to it, but the tablet suits it better, I will never go back. Jim

CrippsCorner

Great to know there are some older users as my mum might shortly be getting a Surface 2... I told her the iPad Mini she first inquired about wasn't really going to be up to the job!

lparsons21

I'm also a pensioner, I suppose that sounds better than geezer,huh!

Got my new to me Surface Pro w/128Gb SSD and can say I'm tickled pink with it! Very fast and the screen is awesome. Currently using without a cover, but my cyan type cover 2 should be here tomorrow. Got a heck of a price as it was an open box unit. Got the extended warranty fro MS just to be on the safe side.

Gave my son my Asus T100 and he's tickled too.