What's new

What Docking Station give best display results

jeffskent

Surface Pro Mini DisplayPort to Dual HDMI Adapter by Zotac works well
I just got the above adapter for less than $50 (S&H included) hooked up to a 27" Planar and a 24" Dell monitor. It displays well on both monitors and the mouse moves from screen to screen smoothly. The windows move easily from display to display. The SP appears to have the power to display 1920X1080 screens on the tablet screen and the two external screens as it is now.

I believe that Panos Panay said during the last Reddit conversation that MS is working hard on making Win 8 handle multiple monitors better than it does now.

machistmo

I use the single Dell listed in my Sig. I love it and don't find I need two since the surface fills that role. Surface Touch + 24 inch touch = Very workable.

OP
starLog

starLog

that is kewl, so the SP recognizes the big screen as touch. Must get that too and the zoltac.

thanks

OP
starLog

starLog

Surface Pro Mini DisplayPort to Dual HDMI Adapter by Zotac works well
I just got the above adapter for less than $50 (S&H included) hooked up to a 27" Planar and a 24" Dell monitor. It displays well on both monitors and the mouse moves from screen to screen smoothly. The windows move easily from display to display. The SP appears to have the power to display 1920X1080 screens on the tablet screen and the two external screens as it is now.

I believe that Panos Panay said during the last Reddit conversation that MS is working hard on making Win 8 handle multiple monitors better than it does now.

Just ordered the Zoltac for $43.
Also just tried Toshiba Dynadock, was very unsatisfied with it. had two lcd monitors connected. It showed them as one cloned monitor, I think that dock was broken, as it had check vga port not working.

So once I get the Zoltac and connect two lcd monitors, Should I have three seperate screens.?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Anybody want to go for 7?

[video=youtube;pYUdAWOGJ_Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYUdAWOGJ_Y&feature=player_embedded[/video]

MaxSurface

I am curious if you can use a display port to hdmi adapter along with a usb 3.0 display adapter and have the displays work seamlessly?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Yes that works. Mini DP through whatever adapter you like to one monitor and USB 3 to whatever adapter you like to a second monitor.