What's new

What does everyone use their surface or 4 - for?

I use mine primarily as a laptop as I do IT work. I only just got the machine last week and am enjoying it thus far. The SP4 dock arrives today, as well as a Dell P2715Q 4K monitor. ;-)

ADifferentWorld

I'm using my SP4 primarily for programming, running vm's (really pushes the resources on the SP4), mobile web enabled apps, etc. as I'm taking graduate courses for comp. science. Loving it so far!

dstrauss

You must have gotten a SP3 by mistake. My new SP4 is cool as a cucumber - the SP3 it replaced could heat and serve your pizza...

Well, that is a bit of hyperbole - it would only rewarm your pizza. Seriously, if you didn't hibernate it, it would get very hot in your briefcase between office and home.

cornieafamily

Hey Everyone, New to the site. I'm a 2nd gen Surface pro user. I use my Surface pro 4 as a Mobile Workstation , with a Surface dock that is hooked up to 2 24" dell monitors. and I do large architecture drawings and Onscreen Takeoff.

What do you do with your Surface pro 4

I use it for web surfing and Steam games: CS GO and DayZ. Works great for both. I have the 4GB i5 version.