What's new

What does this button do?

Profoxcg

The one that looks like a light to the left of the zero?

20130210_161226_zps727b2ba8.jpg

I press it and doesn't seem to do anything?

bosamar

The PIN login provides two choices: 1) Login with indicators on the screen, or 2) Login without indicators on the screen. The 'Sun' indicator provides visual indications of your login.

OP
P

Profoxcg

what are indicators? I don't see a difference, unless there is something that is not working like it should?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Either the button you are pressing highlights to let you know you are touching it or it doesn't for security.

OP
P

Profoxcg

Either the button you are pressing highlights to let you know you are touching it or it doesn't for security.

ahhhh... thank you very much for clarifying that.
I have looked all over manuals and such a nothing. Makes prefect sense. Again thank you and to everyone else who helped.

Nemesis296

I find the "hide keypress" technology on a touch-screen to be a little gimmicky. Your finger prints will be left on-screen over the places where keys have been pressed, even if they can't see what key you're pressing exactly.

andrew

I think the real value of the hide the key press thing is when you're projecting at a meeting or sharing a screen via Lync etc.