What's new

What is the processor type for LTE version of new surface pro

ALI IBRAHEM

Hi
If anyone has any information
Please inform me ........
Is the LTE version of new surface pro will come with core i7 / i5 processor ,Or other type of processors

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Most likely the M3 or i5...one of reasons they haven't released LTE on Pro Devices earlier was heat and battery life...

OP
A

ALI IBRAHEM

I'm not positive but since I saw this in an article The New Surface Pro Unveiled Today - aka Surface Pro 5 - Release June 15 and it defiantly states Pro then it should come in either the i5 or the i7. Which is great because the only Surface to have LTE before this is the Surface 3 and it is not a Pro model so it is a Core M processor I believe.

Most likely the M3 or i5...one of reasons they haven't released LTE on Pro Devices earlier was heat and battery life...

I heard the LTE will only be available in the fanless models m3 and i5.
Thanks for all answers :)
I wanted to pre-order i7 / 16GB version
But I decided to wait because there was not enough information about LTE version :(

MickeyLittle

actuality i need LTE , But I need i7 processor version more than it,
of course i7 processor most important to me :)

I suggest calling Microsoft and seeing if the i7 will be available with LTE. there's a good chance like others have said that the i7 may not have LTE so it would be ashamed for you to wait 4-6 months for it and then it not come out for the i7. So call and find out now if possible so you'll know what to do.

Good luck :)

OP
A

ALI IBRAHEM

I suggest calling Microsoft and seeing if the i7 will be available with LTE. there's a good chance like others have said that the i7 may not have LTE so it would be ashamed for you to wait 4-6 months for it and then it not come out for the i7. So call and find out now if possible so you'll know what to do.

Good luck :)
Thank you For your interest
Your words are logical and this is exactly what I feel .. waiting without benefit
I Already contacted Microsoft customer service
This was their answer
Thank you for your interest in the Surface Pro with LTE! We'll have more information to share soon, so stay tuned!

MickeyLittle

Thank you For your interest
Your words are logical and this is exactly what I feel .. waiting without benefit
I Already contacted Microsoft customer service
This was their answer
Thank you for your interest in the Surface Pro with LTE! We'll have more information to share soon, so stay tuned!

Hmm, not very helpful but there's a very good chance that customer service isn't positive at this point. You know if you can afford to take a possible $300-$400 dollar loss you could always go ahead and preorder the i7 machine that you want now and then say 4-5 months from now IF they come out with LTE in an i7 you could sell yours and get a new one.

This is probably not much of a gamble since most here don't think the i7 will get LTE.

Last edited:
OP
A

ALI IBRAHEM

Hmm, not very helpful but there's a very good chance that customer service isn't positive at this point. You know if you can afford to take a possible $300-$400 dollar loss you could always go ahead and preorder the i7 machine that you want now and then say 405 months from now IF they come out with LTE in an i7 you could sell yours and get a new one.

This is probably not much of a gamble since most here don't think the i7 will get LTE.
good idea
Thank you

Looking at the video, they replace fan with LTE chip. Thus, fan and LTE can't coexist.

Very good note
Thank you