What's new

What is your ideal convrtible/hybrid windows 8 PC

souldier

There has recently been an onslaught of different hybrid/convertible PC's. What would be your ideal convertible PC if cost and available technology were not an issue?

J515OP

Super Moderator
I really like the Helix. It is pretty much the most spec'd out well designed device currently available.

tonyz3

the helix is nice but seems a little over priced for what you are getting especially with the newer processors on the horizon- depending on how far away that horizon is..

J515OP

Super Moderator
the helix is nice but seems a little over priced for what you are getting especially with the newer processors on the horizon- depending on how far away that horizon is..

Well it does say if cost and technology weren't and issue. So really if would be the Helix 2 featuring Haswell chips ;) Oh yeah and made entirely form Titanium and carbon fiber :D

pallentx

I do all my "heavy" computing at a desk, so I don't need a lot of power when I'm out and about. Mobile, for me, is for fun and convenience (saving a trip home or to the office). I want the most portable "big" screen I can carry. Surface RT seems just right to me. Thin, light, and the screen is big enough to be usable without being prohibitively large to carry around. Also, of the more portable tablets I've looked at, the Surface is the most sleek looks-wise.

mitchellvii

Well the perfect tablet/ultrabook for me would be a flip style like like the Dell Duo with a stylus, full HD 11.6" to 13.3" screen, but thinner and lighter than current models. Sliders are ok too but they lock you into a certain angle and I like flexibility.
PJ-BK272_DSOLUT_G_20121016190631.jpg
If they could do a Haswell Dell Duo II that came in under 2.5 lbs with a pen for less than $1200 I'd be all over it.

** I like the Helix as well but I prefer something where I don't have to detach anything or carry separate parts around.

Last edited:

Russ

I do all my "heavy" computing at a desk, so I don't need a lot of power when I'm out and about.

Pallentx --

Yeah, same here. My "main computer" is an I7-3820 on an ASUS P9X79 Deluxe, with 16 Gigs of RAM, and a 480G SSD plus other storage. I'm really not expecting to see that in a portable device for a while, at least. I like the Pro because it is a laptop replacement. I can, for instance, take it on a photoshoot and use Canon's Remote Capture program just as I did with my laptop. Yet, the Pro is handy enough when all I want to do is go to breakfast and read while I eat.

Take care,
Russ

Ruffles

The Surface Pro is about 90% perfect for me. The only things I want are more battery (If I could get 7 hours real use I'd be happy) and accessories. I want type covers in different colors and a battery cover etc. Oh and make it a quarter inch bigger and store the pen inside.