What's new

What keyboard do you use?

eelpout

The Wedge Keyboard is supposed to be pretty good and it's cover doubles as a tablet stand - not a bad idea as it stops the slipping! I've been thinking of getting one as there not as bad price (and I can get one a bit cheaper :p) and they do actually seem really good.

This combined with a decent BT mouse would be great :D
Yep, that's the one I have. it's great, more key functionality than the Type Cover 2 as well. Only downside is its not backlit.

Logitech, you listening? Add a small touch pad to this and we'll all buy it. :)

wditters

Logitech K810 has been treating me pretty great. Got it for $50 too.

Same here, I alternate between Type Cover 2 (primarily used as cover, secondary use as ad-hoc keyboard), Logitech K810 (primary mobile use) and Logitech Cordless Elite (Home Office) .... Combined with a Logitech M555b mouse that I use in all scenarios above. \

The K810 and K811 for me represent the perfect mobile keyboards, reachargeable, Bluetooth, multi-device pairing, backlit, compact and great keytravel ... Over the last two years I have actually had a constant coming and going of laptops/tablets, but these peripherals have stayed the same :)

Guybrush

I love Type Cover 2 Keys. I'm honest I don't use so often the trackpad and I feel trackpad buttons not so comfy.. but generally when I need to use the surface in desktop mode I've with me the bluetooth mouse, while in tablet mode I really don't feel the needed of trackpad.

jackh

I love Type Cover 2 Keys. I'm honest I don't use so often the trackpad and I feel trackpad buttons not so comfy.. but generally when I need to use the surface in desktop mode I've with me the bluetooth mouse, while in tablet mode I really don't feel the needed of trackpad.

A little different question about the Type Cover 2- I have 2 of them and would like to know if they are supposed to make any type of clicking or other type of sound when typing as neither of mine do--

thanks

Jack

The type cover itself doesn't make any noise but the SP clicks out of its speaker when a mouse button is pressed (assuming you don't have it muted or disabled).

jackh

The type cover itself doesn't make any noise but the SP clicks out of its speaker when a mouse button is pressed (assuming you don't have it muted or disabled).

a mouse button? Do you mean a key press? Neither of my touch covers makes this click noise out of the speakers or my attached monitor which has speakers also.. When monitor is not connected no click sounds either from the surface..and yes I have the sound enabled in keyboard settings

Jack

Joypat

I was using the type cover 2 until recently. I returned it because it's buggy, has a terrible mousepad...

Amazon.com: Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810 for PCs, Tablets, Smartphones - Black: Computers & Accessories
Had the exact same problem and contacted MS support because i thought it can't be that this expensive a keyboard would be so shitty especially the touch pad, yes.
He advised me to update my type cover driver through device manager and guess what it actually made it much more sleek and nice to use so I decided not return mine afterall :)

Tsurugaya

The Wedge Keyboard is supposed to be pretty good and it's cover doubles as a tablet stand - not a bad idea as it stops the slipping! I've been thinking of getting one as there not as bad price (and I can get one a bit cheaper :p) and they do actually seem really good.

View attachment 1612

This combined with a decent BT mouse would be great :D

I use this with the Wedge mouse, especially when I want to use our in portrait mode. I've ordered a Type cover 2 and Arc mouse Surface edition and sewn a nice little pouch to carry it around in.