What's new

What keyboard do you use?

kristalsoldier

type cover in purple :)

Yeah...that Type Cover 2 in Purple is excellent, isn't it!!! I have one too!!! When I went to replace my Type Cover (also purple) because I ruined it by spilling coffee on it, I was in two minds - should I get the Black or the Purple one. I opted for the Purple one...again!

Tekn0

I don't understand… The SP2 already has a stand. What use/what is different about using the stand from the Wedge keyboard?

Tsurugaya

I don't understand… The SP2 already has a stand. What use/what is different about using the stand from the Wedge keyboard?

You can use the Surface in portrait mode with the Wedge cover, you can't do that with a Type or Touch cover.

wditters

The stand from the wedge keyboard also is its cover... Once u start using the keyboard you can either put the cover in your bag or use it as a stand. If you use it as a stand you have slightly more control over the angle under which you look at the screen than with the two predefined angles of the surface stand

Tekn0

The stand from the wedge keyboard also is its cover... Once u start using the keyboard you can either put the cover in your bag or use it as a stand. If you use it as a stand you have slightly more control over the angle under which you look at the screen than with the two predefined angles of the surface stand

Excellent. I think I will go for a Wedge Keyboard. I'm a huge fan/user of mechanical keyboards (Das Keyboard RULEZ!!) and when I saw the price of the Type Cover 2, I was like What the hell?

I also think the type cover 2 for my use is totally a no-go because I want to use the keyboard mainly while drawing. You cannot use the type cover 2 while in tablet mode. So no thanks. Again, I'm baffled what Microsoft charges for it though.

jackh

Had the exact same problem and contacted MS support because i thought it can't be that this expensive a keyboard would be so shitty especially the touch pad, yes.
He advised me to update my type cover driver through device manager and guess what it actually made it much more sleek and nice to use so I decided not return mine afterall :)

How exactly and what driver did you update?

Thanks

Jack

jackh

a mouse button? Do you mean a key press? Neither of my touch covers makes this click noise out of the speakers or my attached monitor which has speakers also.. When monitor is not connected no click sounds either from the surface..and yes I have the sound enabled in keyboard settings

Jack

Still no click sounds from anywhere!!

Jack

eelpout

Still no click sounds from anywhere!!

Jack
are you sure you're pressing in the right spot? the active area is in the lower third of either side of the touch pad. you have to give a little bit of effort with the push and hold it there for a second or so. then you'll hear the "click."

jackh

are you sure you're pressing in the right spot? the active area is in the lower third of either side of the touch pad. you have to give a little bit of effort with the push and hold it there for a second or so. then you'll hear the "click."

Ah yes I hear that sound but nothing from pressing the keys--should there be any sound or click from pressing the Keys?

Thanks Again

Jack