What's new

What photo editing program is recommended for Surface Pro 3's HiDPI screen?

DaveWilliams

I'm looking for a photo editing program to use on my SP3 but am running into problems.
First, let me preface this by saying I'm more or less a novice when it comes to photo editing, so Photoshop will likely be a bit too advanced for me.
I purchased Photoshop Elements the other day but had to return it due to the icons and text being SOOO tiny on the SP3's HiDPI screen. Photoshop supports HiDPI, but again, too advanced for me.

What are your experiences with photo editing software on your SP3?

Thanks!

megatronium

If you read/watch a few series on Lynda.com or youtube, you should be up and running with Photoshop CC in no time. You can also try Photoshop for web if you want something less complex.

OP
D

DaveWilliams

Thanks, Megatronium. :)
Photoshop is a bit too expensive as well. Isn't it in the hundreds of bucks? I was hoping for around $100 or less. I was kind of contemplating Adobe's Lightroom; a friend of mine was saying it's easier to use than Photoshop. Any experience with it? I believe I saw that it supports HiDPI.

megatronium

Thanks, Megatronium. :)
Photoshop is a bit too expensive as well. Isn't it in the hundreds of bucks? I was hoping for around $100 or less. I was kind of contemplating Adobe's Lightroom; a friend of mine was saying it's easier to use than Photoshop. Any experience with it? I believe I saw that it supports HiDPI.

You can rent Photoshop CC and Adobe Lightroom for $10 monthly from Adobe. Also if you're just doing photo editing, Lightroom is awesome for that and well worth it.

OP
D

DaveWilliams

I'm thinking Lightroom is where I'll end up. I'll have to see if there's a student/teachers discount since I have a .edu email address.
Thanks again, mt.

benjitek

I just installed the trial version of PhotoShop on my SP2 -- the menus and icons are all >very< tiny, not at all 'touchable'. Does the new touch functionality only work with the SP3...?

BillsCarnage

I'm thinking Lightroom is where I'll end up. I'll have to see if there's a student/teachers discount since I have a .edu email address.
Thanks again, mt.
What kind of photo editing do you plan on doing? There are a number of metro apps that have basic edit/filter features built in, including...... Photoshop Express.

kundas1

I second that! I use paint.net and it works amazing! but I got 1 question... how da hell do you guys see what your doing? lol I tried photo editing on my SP3 and I can't do it! It's too small!