What's new

what SD card should i buy

fantom557

What SD card should i buy i will be using it for pictures and music storage and maybe some movies. size is going to be either 200gb or 256 gb

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member

I could not agree with 'GreyFox7' more - the Samsung Evo Micro-SD Lineup are in my opinion - the Top of the Line Micro-SD cards for both reliability and speed. I bought my Surface Book Pro 4 almost 2 years ago and at the time of purchase I bought a 128GB Samsung Evo. It is still ticking without any hiccups.

If time permits - let us know which card you went with & how it worked out for you.

MikemanSP4

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for this thread and the replies. I will be looking into this product when I go home for the summer.

Make sure your device supports the 400GB. From what I've read - most of the more recent Samsung devices support 400GB even though they are rated at 256GB. That's what a liberal return policy is good for.

jonco

I would be careful not to buy any card that sticks far out of the SB SD card slot. I bought a full size SD card and broke it within a month, as I carry my computer frequently. I now use a JetDrive Lite 130 256GB for Macbook Air which works fine, though it sometimes won't read. I guess that is a computer issue though if anyone knows differently, please let me know.

OP
F

fantom557

I would be careful not to buy any card that sticks far out of the SB SD card slot. I bought a full size SD card and broke it within a month, as I carry my computer frequently. I now use a JetDrive Lite 130 256GB for Macbook Air which works fine, though it sometimes won't read. I guess that is a computer issue though if anyone knows differently, please let me know.

i bought this and it works perfect it hides the sd card.
https://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Mic...rd_wg=sH7i0&psc=1&refRID=RJTPXPREKW3TFJ95JXWC