What's new

What shall I do?

isurf

I have SP4 i7 256GB 8GB RAM model. I got it 2 days ago. Works good but when I use Maya 2016 (3d software) and select any part of a relatively light and simple model the software freezes for half a minute or more. I can switch to other already open software or interact with windows and continue working but Maya stays froozen and then suddenly unfreezes. Until I select again. Extremelly frustrating as I need to be able to display my work on it.

Is it buggy display drivers? What could I do? I am in Europe so can't get refund. I think the hardware is not defective just in Maya2016 somethign odd happens. Do you think future software updates will solve this?

Really frustrated.
P.S- Btw I have all the latest updates applied.

leeshor

This is video driver related. Microsoft is, and has been, working on this issue. The integrated video in the i7 Surface Pro, is, at this time, not on the list of certified video cards. That doesn't mean it won't work when the drivers get updated.

romhey

out of curiosity, i have exactly same machine and i have tested it with maya 2016 if i am able reproduce your error and i was. There are lags with select opeations regardless of complexity of the model.

So the good news is that this is probably drivers issue, very unlikely we both have a faulty hardware.

OP
I

isurf

Yes there is 3rd a guy online with same issue so it is 99.9999% a driver issue. Do report back if something changes. I will too.

OP
I

isurf

This is video driver related. Microsoft is, and has been, working on this issue. The integrated video in the i7 Surface Pro, is, at this time, not on the list of certified video cards. That doesn't mean it won't work when the drivers get updated.

Yes but older surface models work fine. Lot of things are not on certified list but work fine. I wonder how long I would have to wait or if at all it will get fixed.

I can marque select muliple huge models andmove them around easily but the moment I select by left clicking the screen freezes for 30-40second.