What's new

What should I expect?

OP
B

BOBTECH

Not even sure how to respond to that suggestion about bare legs so I will just say "ditto" to Yillbs' comment. It is on its way back to Microsoft via Fedex. So I wait. By the way, I don't believe I should be scalded on any body parts with this device. I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with almost identical hardware and runs cool. It can be set to fry my breakfast if I like, but Lenovo has exposed enough settings that I can make it cool and long lasting. I assume that since Microsoft has not exposed these settings that they have decided to make it run cool.

In fact, in trying to find out what was causing the issue, I installed video drivers from Intel's web site. I then chose the same settings as my laptop. It ran nice and cool, but acted somewhat funky, so I reloaded Windows and tried other things. I do know that this hardware can work quite well. I I wait now until my next arrival in a week or so and see.

Last edited:

Yillbs

Not even sure how to respond to that suggestion about bare legs so I will just say "ditto" to Yillbs' comment. It is on its way back to Microsoft via Fedex. So I wait. By the way, I don't believe I should be scalded by any body parts with this device. I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro with almost identical hardware and runs cool. It can be set to fry my breakfast if I like, but Lenovo has exposed enough settings that I can make it cool and long lasting. I assume that since Microsoft has not exposed these settings that they have decided to make it run cool.

In fact, in trying to find out what was causing thee issue, I installed video drivers from Intel's web site. I then chose the same settings as my laptop. It ran nice and cool, but acted somewhat funky, so I reloaded Windows and tried other things. I do know that this hardware can work quite well. I I wait now until my next arrival in a week or so and see.

Your logic is not flawed Bobtech, consider yourself awesome now. This is exactly right, all of it. Microsoft doesn't include the same open ended options because they have the engineering ability to not need to, and they did. If you got a device that doesn't, it's just defective, plain and simple. Please let me know how the new device works out for you!