What's new

What's going on ,4 hours sleep costs 20% battery

OP
Y

yonghong

attached the keyboard ,and test 1.5 hours ,3% drain,seems ok now, thanks jeff and other friends.

Attachments

• Screenshot (19).png
    Screenshot (19).png
    95.3 KB · Views: 434

kristalsoldier

@ Jeff...what would be an acceptable battery drain rate for the SP3 (out of the box) given its connected standby capabilities?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Connected Standby as a Standard is 5% drain over a 16 hour period, the SP3 uses a modified version that only uses Connected Standby for 4 hours, then moves to a "light hibernation" for 8 hours at the 12 hour mark it goes into "deep hibernation" which should hold a charge for over a year.

Some of the issues I've observed on these and other communities is as the device attempts to move from CS to hibernation it wakes up and isn't able to re-enter CS and others is a driver or application prevents the device in achieving the 90% Power Floor Target, which means that in CS the device should be at idle and the lowest power state.

foghat

Connected Standby as a Standard is 5% drain over a 16 hour period, the SP3 uses a modified version that only uses Connected Standby for 4 hours, then moves to a "light hibernation" for 8 hours at the 12 hour mark it goes into "deep hibernation" which should hold a charge for over a year.

Some of the issues I've observed on these and other communities is as the device attempts to move from CS to hibernation it wakes up and isn't able to re-enter CS and others is a driver or application prevents the device in achieving the 90% Power Floor Target, which means that in CS the device should be at idle and the lowest power state.

This thread had me curious so I left my sp3 unplugged last night. At about 9:50pm I was at 84%. This morning at 6:10am, I was at 82% (at 81% after just a minute or two of use). Looks like I am about working as expected.

OP
Y

yonghong

The new firmware seems to fix my sleeping battery's problem, put it sleep for 4 hous just drained 1% battery ,pretty impressive.

Attachments

• Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    82.8 KB · Views: 408