What's new

What's new/changed with Surface Pro 6?

OP
W

wpcoe

The power adapter in the photos of the SP 6 looks identical to the one for the SP 2017 (can we call it SP 5 now? :)) so I wonder if the Surface Dock which works with the SP 2017 will work with the SP 6.

The only other changes I can see with the update to SP 6 are:

-- no more base (m3) model line, only i5 and i7 models
-- addition of black color option

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
What! They put Win 10 Home on the Pro? Why's that?
They lowered the price by $100 and you can upgrade for $100, that could be welcomed by people that don't care about the Pro edition. However, the Business SKU is available with Pro installed and in addition on the i5 you get an 8350U CPU vs the 8250U, the i7 CPU is the same regardless.

BubbaUK

They lowered the price by $100 and you can upgrade for $100, that could be welcomed by people that don't care about the Pro edition. However, the Business SKU is available with Pro installed and in addition on the i5 you get an 8350U CPU vs the 8250U, the i7 CPU is the same regardless.
That figures for the USA, but in the UK the price has dropped £30 but the upgrade is £110, so we lose out about £80 (approx $105). Hrmmphh.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
That figures for the USA, but in the UK the price has dropped £30 but the upgrade is £110, so we lose out about £80 (approx $105). Hrmmphh.
Just out of curiosity what does the Business SKU cost there? I'm not sure where you find it though, in the US it's sold by vendors such as CDW.

BubbaUK

I've no idea what the business SKU costs here in the UK, nothing on the MS UK website either. Probably need a business account to access the pricing.