What's new

What's the best browser to use with Surface devices?

Afy

Why not.
I don't find it to be particularly slow, and at least I know that it difficult to track my activity.

jimbow

Edge isn't supported by the Juniper network connect client I have to use.
So I'f I'm just using the Surface to read email - chrome works best
If I have to connect and start a VIP - have to use firefox

conan1600

i use chrome mostly. i honestly cant remember the last time it crashed. years ago certainly. i do feel edge gives better battery life but without easy add blocking it is inferior for me. i do like the way you can move bookmarks in edge and the bigger buttons though. wish chrome would get a clue and do the same

Eplak

The Edge browser works like a charm for everything i need to use it for. Never encountered a problem. I also like to have everything synced with my MS-account. That way i have everything on my phone, desktop, laptop and of course my SP4.

MaxBuck

I do love Chrome, but there's no denying it's a resource hog. I think I'll try Firefox per the above recommendations for use when I'm using the SP4 on battery. Or would Opera give me most of the same benefits? Edge is just not compatible with too many of the websites I use routinely. Many of which are Microsoft sites, which seems extremely odd.

Eplak

I do love Chrome, but there's no denying it's a resource hog. I think I'll try Firefox per the above recommendations for use when I'm using the SP4 on battery. Or would Opera give me most of the same benefits? Edge is just not compatible with too many of the websites I use routinely. Many of which are Microsoft sites, which seems extremely odd.

Since i never have encountered a problem with Edge, especially with incompatibility, could you please post or send me a link to a website? I really want to experience that :p

kojack

I use IE. works fine, I see no ads, no pop ups, have great battery life compared to using edge, and I don't have to mess around with it. I see nothing wrong with it.

Opera runs on Chrome's engine and it has an add-on that will let you run the Chrome ones. I've bounced between the two, but pretty much run Mozilla for everything these days. Don't like Chrome's resource usage or nosiness, don't like IE or Edge's lack of add-ins.

Orlbuckeye

I think the best is the one your used to but if your used to IE I would give Edge a try. Browser preferences is like politics.

Darnellmc

Chrome works exceptionally well on the SP4, as long as you do not make it the default browser. The moment you make Chrome the default browser, that's when it crashes a lot. But if you use Chrome and don't set it as Windows "default" browser, it runs well and does not crash much.