What's new

What's your SP3 meeting kit look like?

MDS

My Meeting Bag is my SP3 with Cover and my Lumia 1520....

My mobile office includes the addition of my Tri-Fi and a Jambox Mini and potentially a PTV3000 Miracast Adapter...

• I have a portfolio case with a shoulder strap.
  • Inside is my sleeve that has an outside pocket that I can remove for times other items are not needed but still have room for a power supply.
  • Cables or adaptors for HDMI/VGA to mini display port connections.
  • Small blue tooth mouse and a blue tooth wedge keyboard. Don't use the keyboard much anymore because the Surface 3 keyboards rocks.
  • Mini SD card adaptor.
  • USB thumb drive.
  • CD/DVD portable burner/writer in it's own case. Bought a cheap eight CD sleeved and cut out half the CD sleeves to make room for the device with cable.
  • Small pop up speaker that plugs into the USB port and headphones jack
  • Ear buds
Now I have to decide if I'm getting the Netgear PTV3000 or Action Tec Screenbeam for a Miracast adaptor. Takes me forever to evaluate these things. Someone please tell me to stop wasting time and just buy - which model!

jedge

That Lumia is one of the most under rated phones on the market. Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak carries one and brags about it.

But it's SO big, 6".
When my phone comes up for renewal in a couple weeks i'm going to try out the Nokia Lumia Icon. It's supposed to be the same as the 1520 except smaller. It's also missing a couple features like the time staying on the screen and double-tap to wake... bummers but not deal-breakers.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Now I have to decide if I'm getting the Netgear PTV3000 or Action Tec Screenbeam for a Miracast adaptor. Takes me forever to evaluate these things. Someone please tell me to stop wasting time and just buy - which model!

I have both the ScreenBeam Pro and PTV3000, with the last firmware the PTV3000 work just as well as the ScreenBeam, and use it as my mobile solution because it is powered via USB so I don't have to take another plug with me....

I use the ScreenBeam Pro attached to my primary external display and on my projector in the Conference Room.

DanL

But it's SO big, 6".
When my phone comes up for renewal in a couple weeks i'm going to try out the Nokia Lumia Icon. It's supposed to be the same as the 1520 except smaller. It's also missing a couple features like the time staying on the screen and double-tap to wake... bummers but not deal-breakers.

The Icon is the one would get as well. By saying under rated I'm referring to the entire Lumia line. They are 1 app shy of converting me. I have a Honeywell WiFi thermostat and use the phone app that lets you control it from anywhere. I'm hoping that app will be available for Windows phone soon.

I recently broke a phone at work and stopped at the Verizon store for a replacement. Seems like all the sales people want to push you to the Galaxy S5 or the iphone. [not knocking either one, just like to be different lol] I was told they didn't have a Lumia because they all come back as returns....I doubt that.

I went with the Moto X for now [made in USA]. I could see the disappointment in his face when I asked for it.
I use Verizon edge program, no contract and you can switch phones.

MDS

I have both the ScreenBeam Pro and PTV3000, with the last firmware the PTV3000 work just as well as the ScreenBeam, and use it as my mobile solution because it is powered via USB so I don't have to take another plug with me....

I use the ScreenBeam Pro attached to my primary external display and on my projector in the Conference Room.

Don't mean to hijack the thread off topic so I'll add I considered keeping a wireless pointer/slide advance device in my meeting bag but decided to just use a wireless mouse. Mouse works good with PowerPoint and saves carrying a second device.

That said, your comments on the PTV3000 and Screenbeam are appreciated. Any recommendation on a USB adaptor for transmitting for those computers that don't have Miracast built in or a wireless card? If so, do you have any experience with the range of the devise. I noticed Screenbeam has a kit that has the receiver and a transmitter.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Don't mean to hijack the thread off topic so I'll add I considered keeping a wireless pointer/slide advance device in my meeting bag but decided to just use a wireless mouse. Mouse works good with PowerPoint and saves carrying a second device.

That said, your comments on the PTV3000 and Screenbeam are appreciated. Any recommendation on a USB adaptor for transmitting for those computers that don't have Miracast built in or a wireless card? If so, do you have any experience with the range of the devise. I noticed Screenbeam has a kit that has the receiver and a transmitter.
ScreenBeam has a product for that, it includes a dongle....